UC/Martin Westview combo-Really

allgoodlf

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/2/2017 at 10:39 AM, UCOC720 said:

2 juniors who played ball at a OC middle school start for UC this year. 

The state of Tennessee does recognize " feeder " schools.  This means that it doesn't matter where a student goes to middle school. He/she can attend any high school in any part of the district, county, city, or state as long as they are enrolled there at the beginning of their freshman year. This way you avoid all the messy transfer situations.

On 12/1/2017 at 4:04 PM, toinemac said:

How do they control the numbers though? Because  non athletes move here too. 

I think one thing that dropped UC's enrollment was the new OCCHS building a few years ago. The same thing happened in Dyer County. DCHS opened a new building and people from Dyersburg flocked there. 

I student taught at UC in 2007. We had a school-wide assembly and I was surprised how low the enrollment was at the time. It was >300. The halls seemed empty between class changes. 

16 hours ago, cradle2thegravelakersfan said:

The state of Tennessee does recognize " feeder " schools.  This means that it doesn't matter where a student goes to middle school. He/she can attend any high school in any part of the district, county, city, or state as long as they are enrolled there at the beginning of their freshman year. This way you avoid all the messy transfer situations.

Im aware of the rules. Just stating that 4 of the players in their rotation came in from elsewhere.