Griders pirates in 2018

Roy Dillard

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:12 PM, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says, theys a HEEP of face lifting round the Speedway that is looking great for any prospective Google families. Hear them Rumblings?

That rumbling may have been that Brinks truck that Google used for that $100k donation to Jackson Co schools. They could have spread the wealth a little lol. I've seen pics of the upgrades. They look really good. Pirates have always had nice facilities and it's good to see people take pride in the program you have. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

It’s July 1 and not a lot of talk around here. Where is Roy?

What did you do to Roy?  He went to Cookeville with you for the championship games and has been MIA since before Christmas.   I figured he'd be in here talking about his buddy Murphy and his book. Should be out in a week to 10 days or so.

5 hours ago, Southtowner said:

What did you do to Roy?  He went to Cookeville with you for the championship games and has been MIA since before Christmas.   I figured he'd be in here talking about his buddy Murphy and his book. Should be out in a week to 10 days or so.

I haven’t seen him once since Cookeville. 

According to my good friend, Pirate Mike, major renovations continue at Grider's stadium including a visitor's concession stand (hopefully the hot dogs will be better on that side) and a new "Pirate Walk" in which alumni purchase bricks to help pay for these renovations.   Apparently a CoachT member (who's been missing awhile) was one of the first to have his brick laid:

398c82a47c644520e6f9f351b7b06021?AccessK