Cannon Changes

madmolly

15 hours ago, chs4life said:

If Cannon and Grundy counties don't hire someone soon will the programs go away?

I doubt they would do away with the programs.  These counties are dealing with so much from the top down that they are not putting a priority on hiring a new coach.  People who do not know football think you can come straight in and change everything overnight.  If they hire a solid coach it will take years to right the ship.  

• 2 weeks later...

The weight room is full now under the direction of interim coach, Mike Atwood and assistant coach, John Robinson. Players are working hard  and getting stronger. The good news is 7-10 rising 9th graders are showing up regularly and working hard. There are also some new players who have "been walking the halls."

I know this doesn't answer all the questions about status of a head coach or number of players projected to be on roster but it's a snapshot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2018 at 5:13 PM, howdoitknow said:

I heard it through the grapevine that they offered the job to a coach who is technically a retired educator and told him that they already have a coach in waiting on standby.  I also heard that the coach in waiting has a preference of what he would like to be done before he eventually takes over the program.  

Coach in waiting?  In other words......waiting on said coach to get his teaching license?  What coach in their right mind would want to walk into that situation and not have a say so of what they want to run.  Especially if the coach is a seasoned veteran.