CCHS or SMHS

Cumberlandsportsfan

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 8:23 AM, Play 4 Fun said:

Swing and a miss by me. Congrats to CC on a good quality win and a heck of a start to the year. They will be a contender in Double A...whoever finishes 2nd in 8AA is gonna have a tough time competing with them IMO. Upperman and Macon better fire all their shots at each other to win the District title. 

SM does have at least one college level guard in Alex Eldridge. Already has an offer from TTU. Also have a couple D1 post players but they are young and sometimes these things happen to young teams. I would a LOT rather play Stone now than in February when it matters. That being said, in their region....too many teams that create a tall order to achieve the ultimate goal. Someone has to go through Bradley and the sub state round is almost an impossible feat imo. 

If anyone has a D1 guard it's Cumberland. Dishman ended the night with 37 points, and in my opinion is one of the best 2019s out there. Eldridge was only able to put the ball in the basket four times. With my years of basketball knowledge as a coach and spectator an 8 point performance isn't D1 material, especially if they have more turnovers than points.  As for the post players, Stone has height and a lot of potential inside but the question is will they be able to develop it? Cumberland has taken players off the bench and made them threats in the game.. Maybe Stone should take notes..

On 12/6/2017 at 1:10 PM, Mw4vols said:
1 hour ago, TNscout2499 said:

If anyone has a D1 guard it's Cumberland. Dishman ended the night with 37 points, and in my opinion is one of the best 2019s out there. Eldridge was only able to put the ball in the basket four times. With my years of basketball knowledge as a coach and spectator an 8 point performance isn't D1 material, especially if they have more turnovers than points.  As for the post players, Stone has height and a lot of potential inside but the question is will they be able to develop it? Cumberland has taken players off the bench and made them threats in the game.. Maybe Stone should take notes..

I agree that I also think Dishman is a D1 guard. No disagreement with that comment AT ALL.....However, the comment that Stone has no D1 level guards is a little nutty considering that they have multiple guards with offers. And...arguably they have the most talent laden roster in the Upper Cumberland RIGHT NOW...even though the majority of it is young. Those are the facts. 

May be true about Cumberland developing talent, but the proof is in the pudding...Cumberland has went to a couple sub states and 0 state tournaments in the last few years to my knowledge. Should go to the state tournament this year, whether they will or not remains to be seen as they will have to go through Upperman or Macon to attain that and that is not a small feat. However, Stone has a couple more years to "develop" before you are going to be able to accurately compare apples to apples between them and Cumberland County (as Buck hasn't had time yet and they are incredibly YOUNG). My bet is on Stone to out perform CCHS down the stretch when these kids are of age.....guess we will see who ends up being correct. 

Have you seen any teams play this year other than stone?  Stone has only beaten one team with a winning record  How many years does buck need?  I'm not sure that any player on stones team could start for cchs, let alone stone being the most talented team in the upper Cumberland.  If the stone guard plays at TTU, Gracee Dishman should go straight to the NBA, because that's how much difference there is in their games. 

19 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

And as far as the proof in the pudding, I believe that's the 13th straight win for cchs over stone. 

Congrats...what size trophy did they get? 

Comparing the age of the rosters....yeah Stone will be one of the most talented teams in the UC. Two years from now, maybe you can compare them again and I hope CCHS is still in the equation...but I fear they won't be. 

You might also refrain from talking trash before the game, and you wouldn't be in such a can of garbage. It would also help if you understood the game, before you comment about it. No cchs fan has talked any garbage. Stone fans are the ones talking about their most talented team in the upper Cumberland, after getting your rears handedto you twice in a week. You only get to brag about how good you are, when you win. Maybe Oakdale won't press tonight

It’s one of two things -either Stone is all hype with not much talent or they are poorly coached.  Half of their roster has been held so they are older and have played longer than they appear. Check out Mike Buck’s overall record when he was at CCHS and Stone. I think you will see he was lucky to win half of his games and rarely made it into the regional tournament. I will acknowledge he made it to the state a few times but that roster was developed by someone other than him long before they entered high school.