Greeneville 2018

KEV-O

5 hours ago, KEV-O said:

Any word on what the 2018 schedule is looking like?:thumb:

I’m expecting much of the same honestly. Undefeated regular season then beat up some region 2 Cupcakes. Most importantly beat the FIRE SNOT out of Anderson once again on our way to another perfect season. 15-0 BABY!!!

Edited by DevilMan03

24 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Hope so,then the Devils will play in Kingsport next year

If it’s the same, then DB looks like a tough matchup again for Greene Devils but Science Hill and Morristown West are losing key talent so those games shouldn’t be as challenging. Anderson County should be talented again as Stanton Martin returns but Greeneville should get back to state 

9 hours ago, TNgridironjunkie said:

If it’s the same, then DB looks like a tough matchup again for Greene Devils but Science Hill and Morristown West are losing key talent so those games shouldn’t be as challenging. Anderson County should be talented again as Stanton Martin returns but Greeneville should get back to state 

Winning them all was great this year but I'm more interested in winning 5 playoff games as the main goal next year.If DB can keep all their key returners ,they should have a very tough backfield and QB,as well as some good lineman.They will be a great playoff prep game for the Devils.As far as punching a ticket to the 2018 finals right now,NO WAY any of us know if that will happen. With the loss of Seth alone,there goes one of the most valuable players in the state this year on defense and (maybe this is a  tad large on the percentage) about 51% of the reason my Devils got past AC .So there will have to be a lot of improvement if Martin and AC are playing at home and healthy if we meet again.Can't look past Elizabethton, ever.None of us may live another year so I'm very happy to be living as a 2017 championship Devil fan.For goodness sakes,I'm just going to enjoy what we have now and worry about 2018 in 6 months or so.

Edited by BatmanDevil

On 12/5/2017 at 4:30 PM, KEV-O said:

Any word on what the 2018 schedule is looking like?:thumb:

Kevo.....take this years schedule and flip it.....very same teams in 18, except reversal of site....i personally cant wait for road games at DB and Pisgah.....fair home schedule next year....The Hill and the Trojans....set your clocks...we're only 35 weeks from kickoff

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Greendevil87 said:

We will need a new punter next year. I would vote for Ballard after that punt in Cookeville. And just think about it. The other team would be scared to death to put a return on. With Mister football taking the snap. They would never know if ghs was punting or not

Yeah I would vote no on that one.  Some teams would probably want to take that penalty.

Yeah that's true. You would have to worry about injury but man what a weapon. Springfield immediately had to take a timeout when he stayed out there. It might not be worth the risk if injury. But it would definitely give team's something else to worry about. They would never know if he was going to punt, take off running or throw a pass. Team's would probably have to leave regular defense on the field. But your right we don't need to take more risk with him than we already do

On 12/18/2017 at 2:26 PM, Greendevil87 said:

Yeah that's true. You would have to worry about injury but man what a weapon. Springfield immediately had to take a timeout when he stayed out there. It might not be worth the risk if injury. But it would definitely give team's something else to worry about. They would never know if he was going to punt, take off running or throw a pass. Team's would probably have to leave regular defense on the field. But your right we don't need to take more risk with him than we already do

I know this is not necessarily connected, but do you think that since Greene Co. has voted to consolidate the county schools into one high school that it could begin to affect the Greeneville program.  Just saying that if I had a son who was an athlete, he wouldn't be going to a county school.

1 hour ago, formerblazer said:

I know this is not necessarily connected, but do you think that since Greene Co. has voted to consolidate the county schools into one high school that it could begin to affect the Greeneville program.  Just saying that if I had a son who was an athlete, he wouldn't be going to a county school.

In my opinion I don't think it will unless the County School System starts to get better academically.  The Greeneville City School System was ranked #1 in the state by Niche ratings at an A+ for 2018 when the County School System wasn't even ranked and had a C+ grade.  It says something when the Greene County director of schools son starts Safety for GHS and attends the city school system.  I was one of the kids that grew up in the County with both parents attending County Schools growing up and my parents didn't give us an option it was City Schools to prepare us for College.  I never attended a County School and my parents didn't know if me or my older brother were even going to be athletic or not at age 5 when we both started in the city school system. Not a bad thing for GHS since we both excelled at multiple sports.

Edited by Swipes