Upperman Football

topnight

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Applicant count is up to 47.  It will remain posted until the end of January, and with so many applicants, it could be March before a coach is selected.  Don't want to throw any names out since most are currently coaching or otherwise employed.  Will say there are several current and former head coaches that have been successful.  There are also several out of state applicants as well.  I know the first one I'd offer, but I'll trust the process and I'm sure they will be able to make a great hire with the pool of applicants they have.

18 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Sorta crazy they won't decide until March. That's half way through winter workouts, and a few weeks before spring practice. I am all about getting the right guy, but knowing in early December and dragging it out to March seems a tad lengthy. 

I agree, but it seems like it's being driven by the length of the posting.  Maybe there's some policy it has to stay up 60 days.

• 1 month later...