6A

Any of these teams can beat the other one from what I’ve seen. There is no clear cut favorite IMO. Getting the #1 seed out of the district tournament should be everyone’s goal to get opposite VB in the region tournament this year.  VB looks to be the class of this region and is a favorite to go back to the state for the 3rd straight year.  

20 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Any of these teams can beat the other one from what I’ve seen. There is no clear cut favorite IMO. Getting the #1 seed out of the district tournament should be everyone’s goal to get opposite VB in the region tournament this year.  VB looks to be the class of this region and is a favorite to go back to the state for the 3rd straight year.  

It'll be the 4th straight year. 

On 12/17/2017 at 0:46 PM, mountaineagle said:

It'll be the 4th straight year. 

I stand corrected!  It will be a much tougher road to the state tournament having to play teams out of 6A.  No cake walk like they had last year that's for sure.  As we all know up until this year they had the luxury of having home court in the substate against one of the better teams out of 6A.  They won't have that option in the region tournament so the road to the glass house just got a lot harder!

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, UTRok said:

Big district game last night in Monterey against Clay county. Monterey wins 87-61 this surprised me as I saw Monterey play Page on 1/2 and they didn't play well but squeaked out a win. Big win for Monterey.

I look for Monterey to really surprise some teams this year! They play Van Buren pretty close early in year! If they is ever a year for Monterey to make a run its NOW!!! Pickett next on Schedule!

Pickett Co 71 Monterey 63...horrible officiating allowing Monterey's big guy to camp out in the lane. They also overlooked foul after foul. Monterey had  bad calls too or non-calls too so it wasn't just one sided bad officiating.  I don't blame the players. If the refs allow it, then be as aggressive as you want,  Several Monterey boys showed great sportsmanship  shaking Bobcat players hands as they walked off the court congratulating them (before the teams lined up to shake hands). I think PC is the team to beat now that they are playing up to expectations. Monterey is deeper in talent but PC has far better coaching. Winning at Monterey will be very tough and I don't think with 3 losses, PC can catch either Clay Co or Monterery in the regular season but if PC stays on track can win the tournaments. The district is very strong with PC, Clay Co, Monterey and Clarkrange all very good this year.

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:35 AM, bobcatfan300 said:

Pickett Co 71 Monterey 63...horrible officiating allowing Monterey's big guy to camp out in the lane. They also overlooked foul after foul. Monterey had  bad calls too or non-calls too so it wasn't just one sided bad officiating.  I don't blame the players. If the refs allow it, then be as aggressive as you want,  Several Monterey boys showed great sportsmanship  shaking Bobcat players hands as they walked off the court congratulating them (before the teams lined up to shake hands). I think PC is the team to beat now that they are playing up to expectations. Monterey is deeper in talent but PC has far better coaching. Winning at Monterey will be very tough and I don't think with 3 losses, PC can catch either Clay Co or Monterery in the regular season but if PC stays on track can win the tournaments. The district is very strong with PC, Clay Co, Monterey and Clarkrange all very good this year.

Totally agree with you on this! Monterey has the depth and the game was close especially in first half! This District will be a tough out for anyone!

On 1/10/2018 at 2:35 AM, bobcatfan300 said:

Don't count out Jackson county.  Best I remember that dominated Pickett co. In only meeting this yr