6A

3 minutes ago, TALMAD said:

And if u are refering to any Overton kids They have been coming to Monterey forever!!!! They have the option of Monterey or LA and most choose monterey cause it is closer!

So the answer is 3 from Monterey. Bet the hometown folk love that! Our boys at Clarkrange are born in raised in South Fentress Co.

9 minutes ago, Dingerdad said:

So the answer is 3 from Monterey. Bet the hometown folk love that! Our boys at Clarkrange are born in raised in South Fentress Co.

Several more on team! I was just refer to starters! Just enjoy the game! Heck Not like they win every year! Severalseveral more on there from monterey! I wish u guys was there going to region next week!  Im sure u guys will make a return next year! See u in baseball! With the couple extra weeks practice ur going to get u guys may actually have a chance this year! Lol jk DD good luck! And by the way baseball is loooaaaaaded! Putnam/Overton all star team remember lol lol

10 hours ago, Dingerdad said:

Anyone else notice his comment. "OUR BOYS" being the key word there. If you just flip over to that girls roster, lets see how many were born and raised in SOUTH Fentress......if you need some help checking, I can send you a pretty lengthy list of the ones that were NOT in the last few years. Point being...if you're sitting in a glass house, I sure wouldn't be tossing stones. 

Honestly if you think about it, Monterey would have to rob Cookeville and Livingston for about 25-30 years to catch up to the level of the CR girls now wouldn't they??

1 hour ago, Play 4 Fun said:

Anyone else notice his comment. "OUR BOYS" being the key word there. If you just flip over to that girls roster, lets see how many were born and raised in SOUTH Fentress......if you need some help checking, I can send you a pretty lengthy list of the ones that were NOT in the last few years. Point being...if you're sitting in a glass house, I sure wouldn't be tossing stones. 

Honestly if you think about it, Monterey would have to rob Cookeville and Livingston for about 25-30 years to catch up to the level of the CR girls now wouldn't they??

+1

1 hour ago, Play 4 Fun said:

Oh and since he wants to bring that up and you mentioned girls side!!! It was not very long ago when a Monterey Football Coach Daughter played for CR girls! They also lived in Monterey so yea he is in a very thin glass house!!!!

28 minutes ago, blueeyes said:

And I might add, helped them go undefeated and win a State Title her Junior year.  They NEVER would've done it without her. So DD you just need to stop about Transfers and such, you all have gotten more than your share over the years.  GO WILDCATS!

AHHHHHHH!!!! One of very few Monterey posters! Glad to see they are others hidden in the depths lol!!!

Congratulations to Monterey. I checked the records since 2001-02 and this is their first regular season title and first district tournament title. There is a lot to celebrate for them. Clay Co has been the most dominate followed by Pickett Co, followed by  Jackson Co, then Clarkrange and then Monterey in the regular season, district tournament and region.  I didn't include new comers Gordonsville & Trousdale Co or RBS who has been in and out and now in the district. Monterey has one of the deepest in talent teams I have seen in the district in a long time.

• Upvote 1

On 2/21/2018 at 4:27 PM, bobcatfan300 said:

Congratulations to Monterey. I checked the records since 2001-02 and this is their first regular season title and first district tournament title. There is a lot to celebrate for them. Clay Co has been the most dominate followed by Pickett Co, followed by  Jackson Co, then Clarkrange and then Monterey in the regular season, district tournament and region.  I didn't include new comers Gordonsville & Trousdale Co or RBS who has been in and out and now in the district. Monterey has one of the deepest in talent teams I have seen in the district in a long time.

Monterey has definitely been the worst of the 5 teams that use to make up district 7a for a long time.  I would probably agree with Clay being the most successful for the period of time you have listed.  I know you are a homer for Pickett Co. but I don't think they have been any more successful than Jackson County if you only include years that Jackson County was in the district.  In fact, you could argue that Jackson County has been more successful since rejoining the district in 05-06 season.  I believe Jackson has made it to the state tourney since then and I am pretty sure Pickett has not. I think both have been to couple sub state games and lots of losses in region semifinals.  Not trying to argue, just wanted to make a point.  Anyway good to see Monterey compete.  I do think if they run into Jackson County in semifinals they could get upset.