6A

Big games Friday night...

Clay at Pickett is HUGE! Clay wins and it would give them the tie breaker over PC should they need it and effectively tie them for 2nd. PC wins and it would solidify them as 2nd over Clay for now, and guarantee them at least a coin flip if them and Clay end up tied. A PC win also sets up a shot for PC to tie for first in the district if they win out and Monterey loses to PC and slips up against someone else....

Trousdale at Monterey could be the slip up Monterey needs for PC to have a shot. TC had them beat the first game they played and coughed in up in the last twenty seconds. This one could be a good game. 

Gordonsville at Jackson should be a win for Jackson IMO. 

RBS at Clarkrange could go either way. They are basically polar opposites. CR is small and mostly 3 point oriented and RBS relies heavily on a big, strong post player. 

After Friday night, the district race will clear up in a lot of ways. 

19 hours ago, Play 4 Fun said:

District standings as of right now if my #s are correct: 

Monterey 8-1

Clay County 6-2

Pickett County 5-3

RBS 3-5

Jackson County 3-5

Clarkrange 3-5

Trousdale County 2-6

Gordonsville 2-5

Could this district end up being a 3 way coin flip for first?? With PC and Clay both topping Monterey down the stretch and PC beating Clay at Pickett...and all 3 holding serve against everyone else??? 

Gonna be an interesting district tournament this year...

Updated: 

Monterey 9-1, Clay County 6-3, Pickett County 6-3, RBS 3-5, Jackson Co. 4-5, Clarkrange 3-6, Trousdale 3-6, Gordonsville 2-6

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:12 PM, UCSportsFan said:

Wow that’s two good wins for the team from Hartsville.  This makes Friday’s game between Clay vs Pickett even bigger.  

Not to mention the Monterey vs Trousdale game could have a huge impact! Monterey and Trousdale will be a great game!

1 hour ago, Play 4 Fun said:

If Pickett can win out and Monterey beat Clay, the district would finish where most people predicted it finishing...PC/Monterey 1-2, Clay 3. I think that is a very realistic scenario at this point.

Traditionally Clay struggles when they play at Jackson County as does Monterey and Clarkrange. If Pickett wins out they should be no worse than a tie for 1st with Monterey because I believe Monterey will lose at Clay and at Jackson County.  

All three of them still have to play Trousdale. Trousdale is on a roll and playing much better. Beating Clay and Monterey will be a challenge for PC. Beating Clay again will be tough task for Monterey. Clay has a rough schedule at PC then CR and Monterey at home then at RBS and JC. I think Monterey finishes 1st and then a 2 or 3 way tie for 2nd. Looks like a 4 loss team will be in 1st.

If memory serves me Monterey was winless in the district last season? Pretty solid turn around going from winless to talking about 1st place this season. This will be an exciting end to the district and the district tournament. Also Van Buren comes to Monterey Feb 8th. This may be a gauge of things to come in the region tourney?? Monterey lost by 5 at VB earlier in the season.

8 minutes ago, UTRok said:

All three of them still have to play Trousdale. Trousdale is on a roll and playing much better. Beating Clay and Monterey will be a challenge for PC. Beating Clay again will be tough task for Monterey. Clay has a rough schedule at PC then CR and Monterey at home then at RBS and JC. I think Monterey finishes 1st and then a 2 or 3 way tie for 2nd. Looks like a 4 loss team will be in 1st.

If memory serves me Monterey was winless in the district last season? Pretty solid turn around going from winless to talking about 1st place this season. This will be an exciting end to the district and the district tournament. Also Van Buren comes to Monterey Feb 8th. This may be a gauge of things to come in the region tourney?? Monterey lost by 5 at VB earlier in the season.

Monterey last year was 15-19 on the season and 4-7 in District play and 4th in district! Memory a little off but not too bad! Happens with age!!! The Van Buren game will be a test as for the rest of Schedule!