6A

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

I heard Johnny Painter was a scout/consultant  for Monterey now. May be the reason for the sudden turn around....

I'm pretty sure his son plays on the team! Don't hold me to that but I'm pretty sure! At least the same last name lol!!!  The kid is a great ball player and a great baseball player!! If Coach West don't take this team deep this year with the depth they have there is something Wrong! They have several good players! Both Coaches boys are good ballers also! Monterey has the kids to get them there! If they get to playing consistent they will be VERY hard to beat!

Edited by TALMAD

3 hours ago, TALMAD said:

I'm pretty sure his son plays on the team! Don't hold me to that but I'm pretty sure! At least the same last name lol!!!  The kid is a great ball player and a great baseball player!! If Coach West don't take this team deep this year with the depth they have there is something Wrong! They have several good players! Both Coaches boys are good ballers also! Monterey has the kids to get them there! If they get to playing consistent they will be VERY hard to beat!

I was joking about him being a scout. He’s good but he’s not a Coach Flynn type of good. Takes a guy like that to be able to see talent and develop it. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

9 hours ago, TALMAD said:

Monterey last year was 15-19 on the season and 4-7 in District play and 4th in district! Memory a little off but not too bad! Happens with age!!! The Van Buren game will be a test as for the rest of Schedule!

Yes you're correct it was the season before they went 0 fer in the district. Still a good turn around.

11 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

I was joking about him being a scout. He’s good but he’s not a Coach Flynn type of good. Takes a guy like that to be able to see talent and develop it. 

I don't keep up with the basketball side like I do the Football team! My son played on football team, its his senior year there and all these kids are his good friends! I know of all these kids and been trying to keep up with this team this year because my son said the last couple years they was going to be good and get better! Wish some of these athletes would of played Football!