6A

1 hour ago, ref83 said:

Nothing was said about running the score up. Just that when Sullivan didn’t sub at all left starters in the whole game when Edwards had taken his out. 

Yeah and Edwards has left his players in while up big against Sullivan in the past. You’re a Celina guy. Of course you’re going to be offended and try making up a story when there isn’t one.

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

VanBuren County has the best team in this region and quite possibly the state in Class A. Caden Mills is a great player and his surrounding cast isn’t to shabby either.  It’s imperative to get on the opposite side of VB for the region tournament as I feel like our 3rd place team can win on the road. You don’t want to go to Spencer for a first round game. Not this year anyways.  District 6A tournament will be worth the price of admission as there are some really good teams that won’t make it to the region tournament. District 5A is weak outside of VB. Those other teams couldn’t win a game over here.  VB is beatable on a neutral floor. VB has beaten all of the teams it faced from District 6A in the regular season. We shall see what happens in a week or so when it counts. A Pickett County/VanBuren match up would be pretty exciting to watch. 

Only thing that will be against other teams in region is that VB will basically be playing a home game. Sparta is only 15 minutes away from Van Buren and I know a lot of fans from White County that will be at the region tournament supporting Van Buren as well. Plus, VB travels strong. They bring a crowd to every game possible.

45 minutes ago, VBEagleAlumni said:

Only thing that will be against other teams in region is that VB will basically be playing a home game. Sparta is only 15 minutes away from Van Buren and I know a lot of fans from White County that will be at the region tournament supporting Van Buren as well. Plus, VB travels strong. They bring a crowd to every game possible.

It will be a packed house every night. 6A teams travel just as well I promise you that. 

41 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

It will be a packed house every night. 6A teams travel just as well I promise you that. 

I’m well aware. Most of the teams in 6A used to be huge rivalry games for Van Buren. So I grew up watching Monterey, Pickett & Clay travel very well when they played on the mountain.

Edited by VBEagleAlumni

Clay County will be loaded for the next 4 years so I’d say what comes around will go around however I doubt either coach takes it personally.  I’ve seen enough of the VanBuren games to know this coach doesn’t run up the score intentionally and I know Coach Edwards doesn’t.  If Clay wins they will have another shot at VB and can exact some revenge on them if that’s how they feel. VB’s run ends after this year so let them enjoy it and give them credit where it’s due. They have the best team with the best player this year. The rest of the region is playing for second. 

4 hours ago, ref83 said:

Haven’t hurt my feeling everyone has the right to coach the way they want. But answer this question.  Edwards has all JV players playing and Van Buren has starters still playing,  Mills gets hurt out for the rest of the season would you still have the same opinion?

You’ve still yet to acknowledge the fact that Edwards has left starters in in the past while up 20-30 on Van Buren.