Ladies' Classic @ Greeneville TN

EastTNfan20

8 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

Bradley Central will be a formidable opponent for South Greene. South Greene should match up fairly well-even though Bradley will have a height advantage.

Rhyne Howard is a gifted player. She was the tournament MVP last year and probably should be this year if Bradley takes the title. The key is to not let her have wide open shots. The Lady Rebels have to keep her off her favorite spots on the floor.

One thing South Greene has is experience and I'm not sure that Bradley can match that, since two or three good players from last year's Bradley team graduated.

It will be a tough one for South Greene to win, but it won't be an easy one for Bradley, either.

I agree completely and I never meant for it to seem like I thought SG would get an easy win. SG will have to play their best game of the season to have a chance. I was referring to the previous poster saying it would be an easy W for Bradley Central and it could be if SG don't come to play. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Cruiser27 said:

I agree completely and I never meant for it to seem like I thought SG would get an easy win. SG will have to play their best game of the season to have a chance. I was referring to the previous poster saying it would be an easy W for Bradley Central and it could be if SG don't come to play. 

No problema. It's obvious the poster, to whom you refer, is not familiar with the Lady Rebels. It should be a good game. The following game will be a good one also.

2 hours ago, EastTNfan20 said:

South Greene loses to Bradley Central 64-56. SG was up by as many as 18 points in the 2nd quarter. Both great teams. SG will play the loser of Oak Ridge  vs West Clermont OH game tomorrow for third place. Bradley Central vs the Winner of Oak Ridge and West Clermont tomorrow in the Championship game. 

What a fun game that was :popcorneater:

What a game last night! I picked up this morning's Greeneville Sun and learned that some of Bradley's players and the coach were ill. Until I learned of that, I looked at their play in the first half as a possible result of their team looking past South Greene and thinking about the next day's title game.

Whatever the reason, there's no denying that Bradley deserves to be nationally ranked AND that South Greene, one year removed from Class A, has no reason to hang their heads. The Lady Rebels, simply did not have a deep enough bench and it showed late in the game.

Perhaps the most amusing part of the game was when 5'4" Kinsley Wykle was given the task of guarding 6'1" Rhyne Howard. Wykle shadowed her the entire game. Howard would post up low, where she would be doubled teamed. These turned out to be "pick your poison" moments, because the move would leave a Bradley shooter open on the perimeter for three point shots. Bradley was deadly from that range.

Both teams played exceptionally well and both coaches deserve much credit.

Edited by Americal198

4 hours ago, Gr8bballfan said:

Greeneville has proven to draw the best teams around for the Ladies Classic. It is difficult to win this tournament once but to do it back to back is a tremendous compliment to Bradley Central.  Rhyne Howard is a tremendous player and should be Miss Basketball for AAA.

Yeah but somebody from Riverdale will get it just like every year. 

18 hours ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

She should be miss basketball for every division and class. One of the top players in nation

We watched Rhyne Howard for the past two years at the Greeneville tournament and will miss seeing her next year. The only other High School player I have seen play in Greeneville that comes close to her was many years ago, when Jason Witten played football for Elizabethton HS. Like Howard, Witten was a dominant player.