Chattanooga- Best of Preps

plato

The annual B.O.P. tournament begins tomorrow with some exciting local teams playing. Here are Day 1 matchups.

Tyner vs.  Van Buren 4pm

McCallie vs Notre Dame 5:30

Baylor vs  Heritage 7

Brainerd vs Ooltewah 8:30

What are your thoughts about day 1 games?

Edited by plato

On 12/30/2017 at 11:35 PM, plato said:

McCallie defeats Baylor in the championship of the Best of Preps 49-39. 

I would like to see BOP expand the teams and bring in better teams from other areas. At this point, it has become an additional game between teams that already play 3 or 4 times a year. (Baylor/ McCallie & Brainerd/ Tyner)  And the girls side has dropped to a 2nd or even 3rd tier group. Invite some big time teams and make it more like Arby's classic. 

chattaauhoops- I agree with your post. Unfortunately, to get bigger, better-known teams into Chatt, the times free press will need to move it from its current site. Chatt. state can no longer effectively host this. It's too bad that 100's of people were denied the chance to see the finals. UTC needs to step up and offer their facilities at a discounted cost. 

On 1/1/2018 at 5:50 PM, plato said:

chattaauhoops- I agree with your post. Unfortunately, to get bigger, better-known teams into Chatt, the times free press will need to move it from its current site. Chatt. state can no longer effectively host this. It's too bad that 100's of people were denied the chance to see the finals. UTC needs to step up and offer their facilities at a discounted cost. 

I agree. Seating was inadequate for a large game. Needs to be in a bigger arena.