A-AA State Duals

hrdcrwrestler

14 minutes ago, FargoStrut said:

I wouldn't give it to em yet. There's probably a couple of teams in Green and Greene that's gonna give them ALL they want. I also wouldn't sleep on Nolensville, Fairview or Hixson either.

Oh I know. It’s gonna be a dog fight and I think any one of 5ish teams can win based on the draw and who’s wrestling well. My intent was to say that if I filled out a bracket today I’d have Gibbs winning right now is all

Attn: ALL A-AA Wrestling Coaches, This is your "heads up and fair warning!!!" Coach Peck and Coach Derrick are gonna be coming for y'all with all they got for the next SEVERAL years. Nolensville just beat a pretty good Forrest team and has arrived a year earlier than most people anticipated. Fairview is a very good team team as well and both have youth programs that will be bringing additional reinforcements. The good news is you're only gonna have to deal with Coach Peck for a few more years. Can't say the same for Bubba's boys!

48 minutes ago, FargoStrut said:

Attn: ALL A-AA Wrestling Coaches, This is your "heads up and fair warning!!!" Coach Peck and Coach Derrick are gonna be coming for y'all with all they got for the next SEVERAL years. Nolensville just beat a pretty good Forrest team and has arrived a year earlier than most people anticipated. Fairview is a very good team team as well and both have youth programs that will be bringing additional reinforcements. The good news is you're only gonna have to deal with Coach Peck for a few more years. Can't say the same for Bubba's boys!

Only problem with Nolensville is I believe they will be a big school.

Anyone know how they will pick the seeding for the two vacated spot by Pigeon Forge by not qualifying and Page for going big school? Greeneville will be #1 as they finished 2nd and Greenbrier  was 4 last year and should be #2 now.. possibly they will take the next highest finishers from last year or roll the dice with the rest?

15 minutes ago, FargoStrut said:

Yes, they will eventually, like in 2021 or unless their enrollment grows by a certain percentage. But I'm almost positive they will be considered a "small school" for another year or so. I'm not the foremost expert on this so someone else, like maybe Coach Peck, :Dcould help us out.

As they are a new school and started with freshmen and sophomores and now have juniors this year they have already exceeded the small school enrollment and with the addition of another freshman class will be a big school next year according to Williamson County Schools. 

Edited by Johnny65
add on

7 minutes ago, Johnny65 said:

As they are a new school and started with freshmen and sophomores and now have juniors this year they have already exceeded the small school enrollment and with the addition of another freshman class will be a big school next year according to Williamson County Schools. 

Johnny, Thank you for the clarification! Looks like Nolensville is gonna move up with the big dogs sonner than I thought. Looks like all the A-AA coaches just need to focus on Bubba's boys for the next SEVERAL years and forget about Nolensville.

3 hours ago, Bump11 said:

Nolensville edges out Forrest 37-36

Peaking once again... Right Mr Peck?

Even a little sooner than I expected. Gibbs will be tough though and so will impressive Fairview & Hixson. Hard one to call...

I'm looking forward to individuals as well. I'm thinking Whitwell will make plenty of noise.

Edited by Sommers

3 hours ago, Johnny65 said:

Anyone know how they will pick the seeding for the two vacated spot by Pigeon Forge by not qualifying and Page for going big school? Greeneville will be #1 as they finished 2nd and Greenbrier  was 4 last year and should be #2 now.. possibly they will take the next highest finishers from last year or roll the dice with the rest?

Only returning placers are seeded. Greeneville will be 1 and Greenbriar will be 2. Rest will be random I believe. I feel bad for whoever draws Gibbs round 1

• Like 1

Who has made it through? This is what i have  

R1: Greeneville

R2: Gibbs

R3: Alcoa

R4: Hixson 

R5: Signal, Red Bank, or Whitwell...depending on the result of the Signal/Red Bank dual tonight

R6: Nolensville

R7: Greenbriar

R8: Fairview

Edited by Bump11
  • Like 1