Sensabaugh 2.0

blazer1set

http://wjhl.com/2018/01/19/gerald-sensabaugh-files-5-million-lawsuit-against-school-district-director/

WASHINGTON COUNTY, TN (WJHL) – Embattled David Crockett High School Football Coach Gerald Sensabaugh filed a $5 million federal lawsuit today against the Washington County Board of Education and Director of Schools Kimber Halliburton, according to court records.

In the lawsuit, filed this afternoon, Sensabaugh argues the school board and director retaliated against him for speaking up about concerns within the district.

The district suspended Sensabaugh in October for alleged unprofessional conduct, pending an investigation. Sensabaugh has denied the allegations.

In court papers, he argues the district and director of schools violated his First Amendment rights to free speech.

In addition to millions of dollars, Sensabaugh is asking to be reinstated as head coach.

18 hours ago, blazer1set said:

http://wjhl.com/2018/01/19/gerald-sensabaugh-files-5-million-lawsuit-against-school-district-director/

WASHINGTON COUNTY, TN (WJHL) – Embattled David Crockett High School Football Coach Gerald Sensabaugh filed a $5 million federal lawsuit today against the Washington County Board of Education and Director of Schools Kimber Halliburton, according to court records.

In the lawsuit, filed this afternoon, Sensabaugh argues the school board and director retaliated against him for speaking up about concerns within the district.

The district suspended Sensabaugh in October for alleged unprofessional conduct, pending an investigation. Sensabaugh has denied the allegations.

In court papers, he argues the district and director of schools violated his First Amendment rights to free speech.

In addition to millions of dollars, Sensabaugh is asking to be reinstated as head coach.

I’m still figuring out if he has a case.  Apparently someone does.  

2 hours ago, HTV said:

Train wreck.jpg

Agree 100%.You could post this for a vast number of football programs around NET.For many NET high school programs it's the same sad results for those that pay the biggest price,the high school players.I've been hard on a few coaches but most are still really good men even if I disagree with how they do some things as coaches.That's just being a parent and nothing brings out our feelings more then our kids.I don't know GS and can't say what kind of man or coach he is.I just hope it works out for the players at DC.

Edited by BatmanDevil

One of my early Law school professors once told our class, "You can sue the Arch Bishop of Boston for bastardy.  Proving it is the problem.".

This I would say is a mixture of ego and a very aggressive shyster lawyer meeting and trying to see how much the school district wants to spend on the law suit or if it will be cheaper to settle out of court.

Either way, the children will suffer as money targeted for them will be wasted on LAWYERS for both sides.

19 hours ago, KennyPowers55 said:

Is anyone even working out the kids right now? I can't believe they haven't named a coach yet. Same thing can be said for Volunteer...

Interim position was posted recently, I assume that Crockett is going to have an interim coach until the court case is handled.

It's an interesting 1st Amendment case vs Student Privacy.  I think every single county in our area has a social media policy.

Don't see the Superintendent keeping her job next go around.  I am not sure if it is after next year or two years when her contract comes up again.  It's all interesting.

On 1/24/2018 at 6:27 PM, blazer1set said:

And it's a real shame because I think Crockett could have a good team.

It really is a shame Blazer because they still have a ton on talent coming  back. They only lost 4 or 5 starters total all their skill players are back Oline could be rough.  Yeah they got one coach that's been working them  out if it wasn't for him they wouldn't even have a off season weight program  right now. So if they don't get a interm coach it looks like they wont be having spring practice? What's gonna happen  if the interm runs  Wing T and when they get a new coach that comes in with a different system?  They are gonna be completely behind the 8ball and every team in the state.