STATE DUAL AAA (real state tournament)

whoAMi01

I am not 100% clear on how region duals work anymore, so please correct me if I am wrong.   

But from the information gathered- Bradley wrestlers Cleveland tonight (at Bradley nonetheless).

And if Bradley wins- then the no.1 team in the state won't be going to Franklin next week? (key word there is "if" as I understand Cleveland is highly favored)

Edited by sx1234

31 minutes ago, sx1234 said:

I am not 100% clear on how region duals work anymore, so please correct me if I am wrong.   

Anymore? This is how its been in region 4 for many many years. Bradley, Cleveland, and Soddy, only two of the three teams go to state duals every single year.

Edited by WrestlingGod

56 minutes ago, sx1234 said:

But from the information gathered- Bradley wrestlers Cleveland tonight (at Bradley nonetheless).

And if Bradley wins- then the no.1 team in the state won't be going to Franklin next week? (key word there is "if" as I understand Cleveland is highly favored)

You would be correct.

58 minutes ago, sx1234 said:

You'e correct. This is what us Region 4 hates during state time. 3 best schools in Tennessee and only 2 gets to go each year. 

Every year the Regionals are at a different region 4 school. Finally back at Bradley this year.

The winner of the Cleveland vs Bradley matchup will advance to state and the winner of the Soddy vs Walker Valley matchup will advance. 

It will be Soddy and Cleveland advancing while a top 3-5 ranked Bradley team stays home. 

The Region 4 of the SEC is just tough, but gotta wrestle your tails off or stay home. :bored:

Edited by DaBears1976

29 minutes ago, reddevilfan09 said:

I think he is well aware of that, and was more asking do they wrestle for a "true second"

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

26 minutes ago, DaBears1976 said:

Unfortunately we wont be seeing if Soddy can hang with Cleveland again tonight. As always the 2 winners will forfeit out. 

How is that allowed?  In other sports that would make them ineligible for state.  I know in football if you forfeit a playoff game than you are ineligible for playoffs for the next 2 (maybe more?) years.  I understand that the match doesn't matter as the two teams will wrestle again for a state title, but TSSAA really needs some parallelism on their rules across its sports!!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, sx1234 said:

How is that allowed?  In other sports that would make them ineligible for state.  I know in football if you forfeit a playoff game than you are ineligible for playoffs for the next 2 (maybe more?) years.  I understand that the match doesn't matter as the two teams will wrestle again for a state title, but TSSAA really needs some parallelism on their rules across its sports!!

I wouldn't automatically say these two will be wrestling for a state title, they could. But I think there are many other teams that will have something to say about who wrestles for a state title. (Science Hill, Wilson Central, Halls, etc...)

53 minutes ago, sx1234 said:

(Unless something has changed)It is allowed in wrestling because each region decides how it will name it's region champion and runner up.  A region dual is not required by the tssaa. The strength of this region means that getting to the duals is the goal.  Where they end up in the bracket in relation to the rest of the state is usually an after thought. 

I do not agree that sports that are inherently different should use the exact same rules. Several years ago this was done with wrestling/basketball off season rules and the results were terrible.  For example, wrestling teams were allowed a certain number of off season scrimmages.  No wrestling team I know of has scrimmages.  Mixing apples and oranges can get confusing. Just the difference in vocabulary is enough.  Football teams are required to "play" playoff games.  Nobody is playing wrestling.

• Upvote 1