Region 1-A

BasketballMechanic1

As tournament season gets closer who looks to be the favorites out of Region 1-A. Cosby seems like a tough out from District 2 come the Region tournament with size and shooters, not got to see any other teams from District 2, curious to how they stack up? Is Hampton the team to beat out of District 1, from some games I seen earlier in the year North Greene and Cloudland both seemed pretty talented, have heard Hampton is playing well as of late. Both Distric

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, BasketballMechanic1 said:

As tournament season gets closer who looks to be the favorites out of Region 1-A. Cosby seems like a tough out from District 2 come the Region tournament with size and shooters, not got to see any other teams from District 2, curious to how they stack up? Is Hampton the team to beat out of District 1, from some games I seen earlier in the year North Greene and Cloudland both seemed pretty talented, have heard Hampton is playing well as of late. Both Distric

As much as I love seeing Uknoit's bulldogs get beat,  I have to say they are the favs right now.  For some reason, both Chs boys and girls have slid backwards a little.  Better watch out for them kees in district 2. :D

On 1/26/2018 at 1:16 PM, THE KING said:

As much as I love seeing Uknoit's bulldogs get beat,  I have to say they are the favs right now.  For some reason, both Chs boys and girls have slid backwards a little.  Better watch out for them kees in district 2. :D

;)

Although I see improvements, we still have lots of improving to do...We must get a lot better on the boards and get head up to move the ball around the entire perimeter...We don't make the other D have to hustle enuff...Good thing is we've been well enough to win while suffering thru this flu.

Will see what we're made out of the next couple weeks.

Current District 1 conference standings midway through the season are as follows:

Hampton 5-1

Cloudland 4-2

North Greene 4-2

University High 3-3

Sullivan North 2-4

Unaka 0-6

With the stretch run upon us, seeding for District play will be of utmost importance. I think the the top two get a bye to the regional but I am not certain. Anyone else with knowledge of this please post. 

Also, interestingly Hampton's only conference loss was to Sullivan North who almost defeated Cloudland last night ( i believe Cloudland won by 1). So, there seems to be a lot of parity in District 1 this year.

Edited by dogtruth

22 hours ago, dogtruth said:

Current District 1 conference standings midway through the season are as follows:

Hampton 5-1

Cloudland 4-2

North Greene 4-2

University High 3-3

Sullivan North 2-4

Unaka 0-6

With the stretch run upon us, seeding for District play will be of utmost importance. I think the the top two get a bye to the regional but I am not certain. Anyone else with knowledge of this please post. 

Also, interestingly Hampton's only conference loss was to Sullivan North who almost defeated Cloudland last night ( i believe Cloudland won by 1). So, there seems to be a lot of parity in District 1 this year.

Yes. We go to SN, NG, Cland,  and reckon we have UH at home...Need to get the W's in all these and head into Districts primed. 

Hopefully heads are screwed on right for Regionals. ...Hosting sub state is a huge advantage 

1 hour ago, Dawgfan88 said:

The Dogs looked MUCH better tonight against Sullivan North. The difference from the first game to this one was very noticeable. The Dogs looked like a completely different team this time around. If they can keep this type of improvement going, they will be a very tough out in the tourneys.

I agree, but we have a tendency to go thru spurts of craziness  throughout a game...We cut down on spans of playing like a youth club team and close games arent close and 20 point wins become much greater....Need to start playing 4 qtrs of HS ball. It's that time of year 

On 1/26/2018 at 0:51 PM, BasketballMechanic1 said:

Cosby is the only serious threat out of district 2 IMO. Hancock isn't a bad team at all but they wont have anything for the top 4 out of district 1. After Hancock , Greenback , Berean , and Jellico are all equally mediocre , none of which would get within 20 points of anyone up there. Cosby is pretty good when were healthy, I look for us to make a return trip to the region title game and hopefully get the W this year.

2 hours ago, old24eagle said:

Cosby is the only serious threat out of district 2 IMO. Hancock isn't a bad team at all but they wont have anything for the top 4 out of district 1. After Hancock , Greenback , Berean , and Jellico are all equally mediocre , none of which would get within 20 points of anyone up there. Cosby is pretty good when were healthy, I look for us to make a return trip to the region title game and hopefully get the W this year.

No regional W for those dang Eagles this year either ;)