BasketballMechanic1

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 12/02/2018 at 11:29 AM, THE KING said:

We are missing 2 key players right now.  Blair has been out. It's been a tough year.  I'm not going to slam the coach. We don't have anyone who can do any better right now.  Cland will always be a stepping stone to bigger better paying jobs.  We have a legendary coach on the girls end and they are struggling as well.  The competitive youth clubs make most teams around here pretty good basketball teams.  There is more parity in basketball and little margin for error

I agree we don't have anyone better right now,but why can't they find someone they seem to work things out around carter county to get what they want,I also feel there's just not as much talent as there has been in the recent past,they have done about as good as they could,with what they have.not really sure about Cloudland being a stepping stone,not being a jack wagon I just can't think of anyone that has left for a bigger and better job,Carp left to be a principal which I understand,but who else.as about the girls they are so very young as is the boys to a degree,in about two more years if the girls develop as they should they'll be a handful,I don't care who coaches them they'll be hard to handle.yes the youth programs around here have gotten competitive and better, everybody has got to step it up now to compete

1 hour ago, Gunner0331 said:

North!!!761503_orig.jpg.832975366fb73caa49063776727dffb8.jpg

I had a church function and didn't make it tonight although I have one playing.

When I heard the score, sadly, I wasn't too shocked. It's been up and down the last couple years. But I will say, they are some fine, young men.

Hampton's dry spell in FB and basketball is about to end.

The next few years we will definitely be a better TEAM. It would be interesting to see if we have had more than 2 assist per game this season. Too much one on one and no inside presents. Got to play inside out come tournament time. Living and dieing by the three usually ends badly. Too many opportunities to get upset. Also will say North played with more of the I want it more than you mentality. 

Edited by Htowndawgs

Yep....I also think the underclassmen pass too much when they should drive to score or dish for the assist. It'll get better. 

I wasn't there King,  but heard we had like 18 turnovers against SN and still could've won with a little level headed playing. I also understood Unaka girls took it to Hampton.