Class AA Miss Basketball Nominations

EastTNfan20

5 hours ago, MartianMan said:

So stats are more important than developing players for next year. ITS A TEAM SPORT!!!!!!!!! Everybody comes to practice everyday. The best players start and play but when it gets out of hand then coaches need to get his second bunch in and get them some minutes. If its about the team then develop your team not just one or two players. I see it every night, a coach plays his all star in blowouts to get her points. Whats going to happen when the other team decides to sub in and she hits the floor with an ACL tear up 35. ITS A TEAM SPORT!!!!! If your after scoring records then play AAU all summer and count every point you score even in practice NO ONE CARES.......... I say if you come to practice and you made a varsity team then you should get minutes. Because lets face it an injurt can happen at any time and if all you do is cater to your best player then what happens when she goes down. No one will be ready. Its ridiculous to even say leave them in in garbage time.

Why are any of you even reading this thread?  This is about an individual honor, best player in the state, and every one of you want to cut playing time for the best players. This award is about the best players, their individual accomplishments and contributions to the success of their team.  That cannot be decided if a player is only in the game for a quarter or so.  If any of you could comprehend the English language, you would be able to understand that I never said its ok to keep starters in an entire game, and I did say that the bench should play with a couple of starters in, so they get actual game experience.  If you want to complain because your kids don't get to play, start another thread. This one is to honor the best individual players, period. 

16 hours ago, MartianMan said:

So stats are more important than developing players for next year. ITS A TEAM SPORT!!!!!!!!! Everybody comes to practice everyday. The best players start and play but when it gets out of hand then coaches need to get his second bunch in and get them some minutes. If its about the team then develop your team not just one or two players. I see it every night, a coach plays his all star in blowouts to get her points. Whats going to happen when the other team decides to sub in and she hits the floor with an ACL tear up 35. ITS A TEAM SPORT!!!!! If your after scoring records then play AAU all summer and count every point you score even in practice NO ONE CARES.......... I say if you come to practice and you made a varsity team then you should get minutes. Because lets face it an injurt can happen at any time and if all you do is cater to your best player then what happens when she goes down. No one will be ready. Its ridiculous to even say leave them in in garbage time.

This isn’t jr pro. You don’t get minutes just because you’re on the team. Get better and you’ll get minutes otherwise sit the bench. 

8 hours ago, Indian said:

Was told tonight a team's opponent felt the score was being run up and took it into their own hands. Excessive, hard fouls infuriated the coach. I absolutely don't applaud such behavior but there's an easy way to solve it, get them off the court.

I agree, the players committing the excessive, hard fouls should be suspended from tssaa, and the coach and school should be warned that any further bad behavior will result in the team being suspended for the rest of the year, and the coach permanently

4 minutes ago, Indian said:

Even easier, clear the bench when up by 40 especially when it's clear the other team is frustrated. Was told the coach chewed out the refs, telling them they're risking her team's chance of winning a state title. 

Did your unnamed anonymous source of this here say about an unnamed anonymous team and coach,  inform you that tournaments are not being played yet?  

Okay whoever told you that the score was being ran up is wrong. The starters went out with five minutes left in second quarter and only played two minutes in second half. They have to have a little playing time so they will be ready to play a good team when it matters. If you have to play dirty and try to hurt players because there better than you than that is wrong. YOU need to get your facts right before you post on here. You cant ask your girls who don't get to play in big games not to play hard and not to score. This is not upwards this is high school basketball so act like a high school basketball player. This post is about 2AA MISS BASKETBALL NOMINATIONS so talk about the best players in the state and not this junk. And to whoever posted that a player shouldn't average 30 a game well she had 28 again and played less than a half in the game so she could've scored 50 easy if she was in the game so get you facts straight and all you have to do is do a little research on computer and you can see the facts like I do before I post something.

I heard Gracee Dishman had 48 last night against Bledsoe County. That seems pretty strong for Miss Basketball nomination. They said the game was a good game and wasn't a blow out. Dishman  is right at 1900 points for her career with another year left.

Edited by uconnfan
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, BullShark said:

let's bring this back to the players.  I believe 3 of these four will be the finalists:

Shutes, Dishman, Levy and Lamb. 

Good luck to all!

Shutes and Dishman faced each other earlier in the year. Shutes scored 17.  Dishman scored 44, Haywood lost 88-35. Those  2 are no contest.