Class AA Miss Basketball Nominations

EastTNfan20

I keep up with Cumberland County basketball and I have for a long time. Dishman played  with a 2000 point scorer her freshman year and she plays at tech now. Last year she played with a 1000 point scorer and a 1500 point scorer and she still has 1900 points as of right now. She scored 1000 points in her sophomore year with these other scorers on the team and in 3AAA. So I think she has proved her point to be nominated for Miss Basketball and win it. Her team is 23-1 and number 3 in state . This is all true facts!

• Like 1

Levy reigning Miss Basketball in AA and on a team that is the reigning AA State Champions and undefeated to this point. True facts. And Im not even a Levy or Upperman fan. 

Those of you thinking it has to be this girl or that girl are delusional at best. There are several girls that are deserving. I hate all of the stats being thrown out there because honestly they don't mean squat. All of these girls play different teams each week and rarely go head to head. All of the coaches have different styles of play and different agendas. Which is why it is all very political to me. 

Personally if I had to pick one girl to me on my team I am picking Levy or Upton. They make their teams better and are the best all around players in my opinion. I have seen them both play against great competition and both have done well. They can handle the ball, distribute it well to teammates, they can shoot or drive it in, they play great defense, and both have high IQ's for the game. 

15 hours ago, UTRok said:

I've only seen CCHS play a couple of times and never against a quality team. How many team mates has Dishman played with that scored a 1000 points? I go along with what someone else said on hear if I had one pick today to start my team I take Levy. She is as very good ball handler with speed she involves her team and draws enough attention that she makes them better in the process. I think I saw she is averaging 26 points and 10 assist per game. Which makes her responsible for 46 or so points per game. You can't really go wrong with any of the 3 being talked about. 

She has played with 3. One scored 2000 and the other 2 were over 1000 each. And she has almost 2000 herself. And plays defense as well as anybody I've seen.   How many quality teams have you seen upperman play?

27 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

She has played with 3. One scored 2000 and the other 2 were over 1000 each. And she has almost 2000 herself. And plays defense as well as anybody I've seen.   How many quality teams have you seen upperman play?

I've seen UHS play several. Son played at UHS for 2 seasons. In the state tourney the past two seasons. CCHS and UHS are both top programs in the area as are Dishman and Levy top players in the state. All of this will most likely be settled in the region tourney. The bad thing is they may only play once. Would love to have seen them in a home and away series the last couple of seasons. Who does Dishman play summer ball with? Levy has played with several 1000 point scores as well. 

1 hour ago, Mw4vols said:

I have seen them play many quality teams.  I have seen Levy come in from being in foul trouble to score 22 points to win against a very good west tn team in the state tournament.  That was when she was a sophomore.   I have also seen her play with top players from all over the country in Nike nationals.   She is an exceptional player and a very unselfish one at that.  There  are many games she’s not the top scorer but she is in double figures for assists. 

Edited by ElizabethGrace1320

Being from the Cumberland area there is no surprise these are the three finalists, congratulations:mrgreen::thumb: I have had the opportunity to watch all three of these wonderful athletes play.Dishman and Levy have always been a treat for the locals, I have been blessed to watch many of their games! The trophy can go in any direction between the three of them but my pick would be Lamb from South Greene. Do NOT let the stats fool you!

I watched her play in the Ladies Classic in Greeneville at the end of December and just wow. :popcorneater: A true hustler who never quits and can compete against the best of them! Very impressed with her performance against powerhouse AAA #2 Bradley Central. I have not seen a player like that in several years! I can not wait to come and watch her career unfold at Tennessee Tech. Again though, congratulations to all of those who were voted and the finalists! Good job ladies!

I've seen all 3 play multiple times, not just this year, but over the last 3 summers and seasons.  My opinion is this-

Levy- Most Skilled and Athletic guard in TN-AA.  Maybe best PG in TN period?

Lamb- Best Leader & Most Competitive player in TN regardless of classification. 

Dishman- Best stats in TN -  30 ppg speaks for itself.  

*All 3 of their teams have been successful and have a great chance to make it to Murfreesboro.  

* Not sure what criteria or logic the voters will use, but I think Levy wins it again.  She is the Best "Player" of the 3.