Class A Miss Baketball

ZEBRA35

Please consider Savannah Lee from Trinity Christian Academy.

2017-2018 Season

20.1 Points per game
8.8 Rebounds per game
58.2 FG%

Career Achievements
1586 Points
965 Rebounds
54.5 FG%

All - District (2016, 2017)
All - District Tournament (2017)
All - Region Tournament (2017)
All - West TN (2016, 2017)

Here are some Highlights from last year.

On Friday, February 02, 2018 at 6:12 AM, BABABA said:

Stacie Mayberry from Peabody should be considered. Kid can play, has scored over 1600pts currently and on one of the best teams in West TN last 3 years! Athletic, long, can guard, shoot and drive it. 

Mayberry is a good player, but she's the #5 or #6 player in the region. Miss Basketball is for the top single A player in the state. You've got to look at (1) Chloe Moore (2) Tess Darby (3) Savannah Lee (4) Sequoya Warren (5) Jayden Green, and then (6) Stacie Mayberry. 

Trenton lost to Greenfield today even though they face-guarded and double-teamed Moore, who still finished with 23 points, Darby had 16 points.

Idk bout that, she's #3 at least top 3 with Lee from TCA. Mayberry gets double teamed every night. Didn't notice double teams by Peabody other than in their presses. Mayberry finished with 12pts, I think, but sat a ton in first half with foul trouble. Her numbers say enough for her over her career and this season and her teams record. No question she needs to be in consideration. Good game vs. Greenfield but Peabody had chances to win also. Greenfield is one of the best around. 

On 1/29/2018 at 0:28 PM, UCSportsFan said:

I have no doubt whatsoever the young ladies from Greenfield are very good and very deserving of any and all awards that may come their way. No way they would average those kind of numbers here in 7A though. West Tn is traditionally full of weak teams every year with the exception of one or two and those change depending on the year. It will be great to see these young ladies play against quality competition and then we will all find out just how good they are!  

I can assure you the two Greenfield girls are deserving of Miss Basketball finalists. West TN is full of weak teams? Just look at Weakley County teams or District 13A this year. You have Westview, Greenfield, Dresden & Gleason in Weakley & you have have other teams like Huntingdon, TCA, Gibson County, Peabody & Middleton all in the West TN area. Gleason best Summertown in the fall & Dresden beat Kingston at a tournament. Weakley Co consistently sends teams to the State Tournament. I don’t see that changing anytime soon with the super talented 2020 class.

1 hour ago, dtownfan364 said:

I can assure you the two Greenfield girls are deserving of Miss Basketball finalists. West TN is full of weak teams? Just look at Weakley County teams or District 13A this year. You have Westview, Greenfield, Dresden & Gleason in Weakley & you have have other teams like Huntingdon, TCA, Gibson County, Peabody & Middleton all in the West TN area. Gleason best Summertown in the fall & Dresden beat Kingston at a tournament. Weakley Co consistently sends teams to the State Tournament. I don’t see that changing anytime soon with the super talented 2020 class.

West TN recently won the A state championship with an unbeaten Middleton. Pickett Co (then was in 7A which is now 6A) led that game until the last 2 minutes. That was their 1st of 3 state tournament appearances in a row and each time faced the eventual state champion in the first round. Middleton was the UNBEATEN state champions, so the top teams in West Tennessee are very good. I believe that Greenfield must also be a great team. 

Congratulations to Pickett County's Courtney Pritchett on her Miss Basketball nomination. Last year she won the MVP in the District and Region Tournaments beating our the eventual Miss Basketball Kara Meadows in both tournaments. As a freshman and sophomore she scored 21 points at the state tournament and has started since she was a freshman.  They have gone 23-10 when she was a freshman and went to the state, 29-3 in her sophomore year and went back to the state, 30-3 and went to the state and this year are 22-2. Good luck Lady Bobcats in the playoffs!

15 hours ago, dtownfan364 said:

Does Westview play Greenfield?  As for these young ladies all I can say is congratulations and what an amazing accomplishment!  Can’t wait to watch them play!!!