Class A Miss Baketball

ZEBRA35

Courtney Pritchett would be my pick in A. Unlike many coaches with players nominated, her coach does not play her in blowout games to pad her stats. I have seen several of the girls in AA and AAA playing third quarter when their teams are up by 40. That's ridiculous, and I would not vote for that player because of that reason. Courtney does not see many of those kind of minutes, thus her stats are not as padded

I have no doubt whatsoever the young ladies from Greenfield are very good and very deserving of any and all awards that may come their way. No way they would average those kind of numbers here in 7A though. West Tn is traditionally full of weak teams every year with the exception of one or two and those change depending on the year. It will be great to see these young ladies play against quality competition and then we will all find out just how good they are!  

41 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

I have no doubt whatsoever the young ladies from Greenfield are very good and very deserving of any and all awards that may come their way. No way they would average those kind of numbers here in 7A though. West Tn is traditionally full of weak teams every year with the exception of one or two and those change depending on the year. It will be great to see these young ladies play against quality competition and then we will all find out just how good they are!  

I would disagree with the comment about West Tn. being traditionally full of "weak" teams. I am very familiar with the brand of basketball played in the Upper Cumberland, having broadcast high school basketball for nearly 40 years but West Tn is far from weak. No measure of schedule strength is perfect but the Strength + Success here on Coach T is as good as we have. Greenfield has played 13 teams in the Top 25 of their respective classifications this season, Clarkrange has played 10 while Pickett Co. has played only four. I think Tess & Chloe have seen a good level of competition and hope they do get the chance to be a part of the Final 8 in Murfreesboro. 

Edited by NWhoopaholic

Hannah Garrett from Clarkrange should get serious consideration for  Class A Miss Basketball .She is a  great team player and helped lead her team to two Sate Runner ups  -2015-as a freshman and 2017 as a junior. When your team beats teams to death and you only play 2 or 3 quarters you dont average 25 per game .she is one of the best all around players in the Upper Cumberland and the best  Class A Defensive Player that I have seen

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

12 minutes ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Greenfield Huntingdon Dresden Gleason TCA Gibson Co Bradford. Just a bunch of weak W TN teams....

I'm not talking about regular season wins here, i'm talking state championships which is the only thing we count over here in District 7A.  I have no doubt all of these teams have good players and are decent teams but can they win it all?  We shall see... Last time i checked Summertown isn't in 7A (6A now)