A/AA DUALS PICKEM

Bump11

Greeneville over SM

Nolensville over Fairview                                     Greeneville over Fairview                    Gibbs over Greeneville

Gibbs over Hixson                                                 Gibbs over Greenbrier   

Greenbrier over Alcoa

Greenbrier 3rd 

Nolensville 4th

Alcoa could be a surprise team as I think they have sandbagged some this year and havent shown everything, i just dont think its enough.

My not so conventional picks. I know Gibbs is a very good team, but I'm not ready to hand them the trophy just yet like many seem inclined to do.

Round 1:

Greeneville over Signal Mtn- Signal Mtn doesn't have enough after the lightweights to win this match.

Fairview over Nolensville- Coach Derrick did his best Coach Gossett impression during the regular season when he wrestled Coach Peck's squad. Those scores are VERY misleading! Fairview wins when everyone wrestles.

Hixson over Gibbs- Hixson wins a very close match bc they keep from giving up 6's to a few of Gibbs better wrestlers. My LEAST CONFIDENT 1ST RD PICK!!! 

Greenbrier over Alcoa- Coach Gossett does his best with what he has but it isn't enough to beat Greenbrier.

1st rd Consolation: 

Gibbs over Alcoa- Gibbs just better

Nolensville over Signal Mtn- Coach Peck's small guys keep it close til help arrives with the middle and heavyweights.

Semis:

Greeneville over Fairview- Closer than many may expect but Fairview doesn't have enough experience yet in the very small weights. 

Greenbrier over Hixson- Coach Reynolds Bobcats have enough studs to beat a solid Hixson team

Consolation Semis:

Gibbs over Fairview- Potential to have a few very good (IND state tourney blood/medal round worthy) matches that will be very intersting, depending on each coaches strategy and choice.

Hixson over Nolensville- Hixson just too solid top to bottom.

Consolation Finals:

Gibbs over Hixson- Gibbs get revenge.

Finals: Greenbrier over Greeneville- Top team in A/AA doesn't need the extra 'E' to prove they're the best.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, FargoStrut said:

My not so conventional picks. I know Gibbs is a very good team, but I'm not ready to hand them the trophy just yet like many seem inclined to do.

Round 1:

Greeneville over Signal Mtn- Signal Mtn doesn't have enough after the lightweights to win this match.

Fairview over Nolensville- Coach Derrick did his best Coach Gossett impression during the regular season when he wrestled Coach Peck's squad. Those scores are VERY misleading! Fairview wins when everyone wrestles.

Hixson over Gibbs- Hixson wins a very close match bc they keep from giving up 6's to a few of Gibbs better wrestlers. My LEAST CONFIDENT 1ST RD PICK!!! 

Greenbrier over Alcoa- Coach Gossett does his best with what he has but it isn't enough to beat Greenbrier.

1st rd Consolation: 

Nolensville over Signal Mtn- Coach Peck's small guys keep it close til help arrives with the middle and heavyweights.

Semis:

Greeneville over Fairview- Closer than many may expect but Fairview doesn't have enough experience yet in the very small weights. 

Greenbrier over Hixson- Coach Reynolds Bobcats have enough studs to beat a solid Hixson team

Consolation Semis:

Gibbs over Fairview- Potential to have a few very good (IND state tourney blood/medal round worthy) matches that will be very intersting, depending on each coaches strategy and choice.

Consolation Finals:

Finals: Greenbrier over Greeneville- Top team in A/AA doesn't need the extra 'E' to prove they're the best.

maybe not so conventional to most..... But you might be onto something there!!!

1 hour ago, FargoStrut said:

Round 1:

1st rd Consolation: 

Semis:

Consolation Semis:

Consolation Finals:

Not to rain on your parade fargo, but Hixson is terribly down this year, luckily they had a terrible region to come out of for duals, but they will be beaten badly by Gibbs of that I am very confident of, I am pretty confident that they will not win a match at state duals this year.

• Like 1

I know they don't have any "studs" on this team and are down this year compared to previous years but I do think they can keep it close, especially if they get choice in a couple of matches. I've been wrong before on way more important stuff but I honestly think it's gonna be MUCH closer than most people expect. Btw, you're not raining on my parade, and if you did, it would still proceed as planned.;) 

Edited by FargoStrut
Left out a word
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, FargoStrut said:

I know they don't have any "studs" on this team and are down this year compared to previous years but I do think they can keep it close, especially if they get choice in a couple of matches. I've been wrong before on way more important stuff but I honestly think it's gonna be MUCH closer than most people expect. Btw, you're not raining on my parade, and if you did, it would still proceed as planned.;) 

Amen :D

5 hours ago, FargoStrut said:

Round 1:

1st rd Consolation: 

Semis:

Consolation Semis:

Consolation Finals:

Whoever gets to wear the Green ankle band wins the dual!!!!!!

I always thought that the six football classes lined up evenly with the three classes for other sports until I noticed Gibbs (5A Football) was in the A-AA State Duals. The smaller schools are the ones who have a hard time of it. Here is the enrollment for the A-AA schools.

School               Enrollment     Football Class
Gibbs                          1009        5A
Nolensville                   942        4A
Hixson                          941        4A
Greeneville                  913        4A
Greenbrier                  833        4A
Fairview                       710        3A
Alcoa                            646        3A
Signal Mountain         638        3A

Edited by Red Rebels
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

I always thought that the six football classes lined up evenly with the three classes for other sports until I noticed Gibbs (5A Football) was in the A-AA State Duals. The smaller schools are the ones who have a hard time of it. Here is the enrollment for the A-AA schools.

School               Enrollment     Football Class
Gibbs                          1009        5A
Nolensville                   942        4A
Hixson                          941        4A
Greeneville                  913        4A
Greenbrier                  833        4A
Fairview                       710        3A
Alcoa                            646        3A
Signal Mountain         638        3A

I understand Nolensville being A-AA as they are a new school and growing out of A-AA what are the reasons for the other schools, curious.