TN WRESTLING TALK- STATE DUALS EDITION

JBoskenUSAW

Josh...Coach Price

How does your group of voters completely disregard a 20 point Baylor win over McCallie a few days prior to voting? I mean, just for credibilities sake. Josh, I know you were shaking your head, as well...you kept saying this is a dual strength poll.

i know it will come out in the wash this weekend, but come on guys.

Point taken. I'll take the hit on that one for assuming that all my voters knew what happened Friday night. That's my fault. The people who knew voted accordingly. It's on me for being presumptuous.

No excuse for it. 

Baylor did move up, and McCallie dropped, so that was reflected. 

And you're right. It will sort itself out this weekend.

I apologize for not doing a better job of getting info out to my voters.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, ArtusCimber said:

Point taken. I'll take the hit on that one for assuming that all my voters knew what happened Friday night. That's my fault. The people who knew voted accordingly. It's on me for being presumptuous.

No excuse for it. 

Baylor did move up, and McCallie dropped, so that was reflected. 

And you're right. It will sort itself out this weekend.

I apologize for not doing a better job of getting info out to my voters.

Assumed if they are voting...they researching a little bit, lol.

Can't wait to see you this weekend, Coach.

i think you guys (Josh and You) are right about that Halls/Beech match....if there are no bumps...I got it 5-5, with 4 up for grabs.....all four matches up for grabs, are neither teams hammers....I'll take Halls.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Twofdr said:

Assumed if they are voting...they researching a little bit, lol.

Can't wait to see you this weekend, Coach.

i think you guys (Josh and You) are right about that Halls/Beech match....if there are no bumps...I got it 5-5, with 4 up for grabs.....all four matches up for grabs, are neither teams hammers....I'll take Halls.

The point I've made for the past two years.  And don't take this as a personal attack, but it seems to me that the pollsters are not necessarily the most knowledgeable about wrestling in Tennessee but many are in the good ole boy network.  I understand that one person cannot follow every team in the state but if you are taking the responsibility of being on the poll, I feel that you should at least know the front runners--some of the talk last night regarding the A/AA teams was JV level.  Teams like Greenbrier and Nolensville are overlooked because they don't have a history.  Yet there is always the LEGACY Vote (there it is again, you made me do it!) for Bradley Central and McCallie.  Am I saying either of them beat BC, no but many of your pollsters wouldn't seem to know if they had the ability to do so!

And lastly, I enjoy the show, but Price...my man...how many times are you going to tell us the story that you started these kids at the middle school.  We get it, you built the team, but the show is Tennessee Wrestling Talk, not Science Hill Wrestling Talk.  Bosken, can you bring on some coaches from the other half of the state, maybe even from the West?  I would love to hear a perspective that is not East Tennessee slanted.  Just a suggestion for improvement.  Keep up the good work.  

• Upvote 1