Region 7 AA Predictions????? District 13AA and 14AA

OldSportsGuy

13-AA

South Gibson is probably the favorite going into the season. They had a pretty good season last year and have some good pieces coming back.

Milan is usually always in contention but I believe they have lost a lot of talent the last two years. But, great coaching could keep them in contention. 

Dyersburg, Westview, and Crockett didn't have good seasons last year. But, I believe they were all young and have a lot of their players coming back. Westview surprised in district tournament and made it to region. So, it will be interesting to see how they improve.

Obion County don't know much about them but I thunk they fall in same list as the teams above.

Predictions 

1. South Gibson

2. Milan

3-6 Toss up of the rest

14-AA

This is going to be a great baseball district, a lot of rivalries and good baseball schools.

I think Scotts Hill and Riverside are the favorites going into the season. Scotts Hill has quite a bit coming back and will have a good mixture of pitching and position players. They have the potential to have a great #1 with some solid guys behind him. Got some hitters coming back and a top level defensive catcher. I believe Riverside lost some position players but sill have some coming back that will help them. With the transfer of Odle from Lexington to Riverside, it gives them a good 1-2 punch in the rotation with both Odle pitchers.

McNairy graduated a ton. Going to be young with position players after graduating seven spots in the lineup and lost pitching as well. They do have some young players that have to step up. But, a big plus they have is they do have pitching coming back. Return district pitcher of the year, return another starter than has been in the rotation previous two years and even district game starter and they got a transfer from Hardin Co that could slide into the #1 or #2 spot.

Lexington is always a contender in baseball but it will be quite interesting to see how they respond this year. They lost even more to graduation than McNairy did but they do not have the pitching coming back. The loss of Odle to Riverside really hurts as it takes away what would have been their #1. They got some young talent but how quick can they contribute. I'm interested to see how they perform this year. 

Chester Co. lost quite a bit off last year team. I don't think their lineup and pitching is going to be as deep as the past few seasons especially pitching depth. They have one really good player coming back to be their #1and SS but I don't know how much they wI'll have to go with him.

Adamsville also lost quite a bit from last year but do return a really good #1. Believe he was pitcher of year in district last year. Outside of him, not sure they have a ton of talent to replace what they lost last year.

Northside surprised me last year. They won and competed in some games I didn't think they would be in. They had some solid players and I was told they were a young team. Big question with them is how much pitching can they develop.

Southside loss their #1 and really didn't have anyone behind him on staff last year. I also think they lost their top position player in what was not a very deep lineup. 

Predictions 

1. Scotts Hill

2. Riverside

3. McNairy

4. Lexington 

5. Adamsville

6. Chester

7. Northside

8. Southside

I think both 14-AA teams beat 13-AA in the region.

• 2 weeks later...

To me, District 14-AA is by far the toughest district in all of West Tennessee, and could potentially be the toughest in the state. Unlike years past, there is something to play for in the regular season. Which team gets the #1 seed will be the host for the whole district tournament, while the team that gets the #2 seed will host a game in the first round. So there's something to play for, which I like. 

To me, I think Scotts Hill will be a favorite, but I don't think it'll be a clear cut favorite. They obviously have the tools and the players (primarily seniors) have established a winning culture.

I was at the district tournament last year in Parsons and noticed Riverside had 10 player banners on one of their buildings behind the 3rd base dugout. Did they lost 10 seniors? I say that because teams normally have those banners for Seniors and Seniors only. If it's not 10, I maybe off a little, but it's a lot. Needless to say, Riverside getting Raleigh Odle will help. I think they'll be fine.

Lexington is the team that hurt a lot. Losing Tylan Johnson, Raleigh Odle, Gilliam, and Drager hurts this team. Honestly, this might be a down year for the Tigers. However, I know Coach Harrington's teams will be extremely competitive, and will fight to win games. But how many?

Adamsville, a team that has surged in the past few years. But do they have in terms of depth?

South Side will now have the Hardin twins being their number 1 and number 2 pitchers. After that is what worries me. Lineup wise, they may not have very much either. South Side could finish last.

Chester County is in the same boat as South Side. Position players for Chester County will be okay. To me, what's after their number 1 pitcher?

McNairy Central will be my dark horse. They might surprise some people, but might not.

North Side is the intriguing team. Last year, they lost 1 senior starter, which was a first baseman. This year, they'll lose 1 senior starter. If that doesn't tell you how young this team was last year, then I don't know what will. From what I'm hearing, their number 1 is still up for grabs. The difference between their number 1 and number 2, is basically no difference (i.e. don't expect a drop off). They are still young, they are talented, they have depth in pitching and position players. Question is for this team, will they take a baby step or an adult step? 

Prediction:

1. Scotts Hill

2. Riverside

3. McNairy Central

4. North Side

5. Adamsville

6. Lexington

7. Chester County

8. South Side

You can literally re-shuffle all 8 teams and I can see it finishing in that order. It's going to be a tough district. It's going to be an exciting district. The softball district will just as tough, if not, tougher. The softball district will not have the depth in terms of quality teams like baseball teams. 

Each Wednesday (if all teams play their district games on Monday & Tuesday) I will update the district standings. Feel free to beat me to it on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, I'll have no problem with that at all. 

Meanwhile, March 12 & 13 games

Lexington will host Adamsville on the 12th, travel to the Cardinals on the 13th.

Riverside at McNairy Central on the 12th, will host the Bobcats on the 13th.

North Side will travel to Scotts Hill on the 12th, host the Lions on the 13th.

Chester County will host South Side on the 12th, while travel to South Jackson on the 13th.

Should be a fun district for baseball and softball.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What happened in the Lexington/Adamsville series? I know that McNairy Central, Chester County, and Scotts Hill all swept their opponents, Riverside, South Side, and North Side.

Next week: Riverside/Lexington, Chester County/McNairy Central, North Side/Adamsville, and Scotts Hill/South Side will be the pairings. 

Baseball season finally kicked off and with it, so did district play. Week 1 of district play resulted in 4 sweeps:

Scotts Hill over North Side 10-0, 17-1

I really thought North Side would have been more competitive. I was hoping they would take a step up this year as they showed promise as a young team last year. But, I believe Scotts Hill is going to be a strong team this year. 

Lexington over Adamsville 8-7, 9-4

Two competitive games that looked like Lexington pulled away with in the last half of the game. I'm still interested to see how Lexington improves throughout the year.

Chester Co over Southside 4-3 (9), 10-3

They went extra in the 1st game and Chester handled the 2nd game. Chester is another team I'm looking to see how they improve throughout the year with the new faces. They may end up better than I was predicting.

McNairy over Riverside 11-3, 3-2

McNairy pitching out dueled Riverside pitching. Riverside lost some hitting from last year, but they returned more than McNairy did. I was a little surprised by McNairy hitting like they did this early. Not a lot of experience and a lot of youth in that line-up but they stepped up to win this series. The question is going to be how consistent and how much can they improve throughout the year to help out there pitching. Riverside did leave a lot of runners stranded this series. Game 2, they had bases loaded with no outs to begin the game and came away with 2 runs. Could have changed the game if they would have gotten more. I still believe they will finish in top 3.

Chester sweeps McNairy: 6-2, 16-9

I was impressed with the way Chester hit the ball. Left a lot of runs on the bases in the 1st game and stroked the ball in the 2nd game. Their pitching is still a question mark for me. I expected better pitching out of McNairy but Chester did swing the sticks well. McNairy also left a lot of runs on the basepaths. Had potential for some big innings but ended up flaing out. 

Riverside sweeps Lexington: 5-2, 11-2 

It looks like Riverside pitching performed well in this series. They pulled away with a big 5th inning in the 2nd game. 

Scotts Hill sweeps Southside 6-2, 14-1

Didn't see much on these games, just the scores.

Adamsville splits with Northside 4-2, 2-7

Adamsville won game 4-2 as they had a strong pitching outing by Wells with 11 Ks. Northside made quite a few errors. Northside won their game on a strong pitching outing by Dingledine. He threw a complete game no-hitter with 7 ks. A few errors gave Aville their runs.

Standings after week 2:

1. Scotts Hill 4-0

1. Chester Co. 4-0

3. McNairy 2-2

3. Riverside 2-2

3. Lexington 2-2

6. Northside 1-3

6. Adamsville 1-3

8. Southside 0-4

Next week schedule:

Scotts Hill vs McNairy

Northside vs Lexington

Southside vs Adamsville

Lexington vs Chester Co

Edited by LetMeHearYA

14 hours ago, LetMeHearYA said:

Chester sweeps McNairy: 6-2, 16-9

I was impressed with the way Chester hit the ball. Left a lot of runs on the bases in the 1st game and stroked the ball in the 2nd game. Their pitching is still a question mark for me. I expected better pitching out of McNairy but Chester did swing the sticks well. McNairy also left a lot of runs on the basepaths. Had potential for some big innings but ended up flaing out. 

Riverside sweeps Lexington: 5-2, 11-2 

It looks like Riverside pitching performed well in this series. They pulled away with a big 5th inning in the 2nd game. 

Scotts Hill sweeps Southside 6-2, 14-1

Didn't see much on these games, just the scores.

Adamsville splits with Northside 4-2, 2-7

Adamsville won game 4-2 as they had a strong pitching outing by Wells with 11 Ks. Northside made quite a few errors. Northside won their game on a strong pitching outing by Dingledine. He threw a complete game no-hitter with 7 ks. A few errors gave Aville their runs.

Standings after week 2:

1. Scotts Hill 4-0

1. Chester Co. 4-0

3. McNairy 2-2

3. Riverside 2-2

3. Lexington 2-2

6. Northside 1-3

6. Adamsville 1-3

8. Southside 0-4

Next week schedule:

Scotts Hill vs McNairy

Northside vs Lexington

Southside vs Adamsville

Lexington vs Chester Co

Thanks for the update, and Riverside will play Chester County. I will have to say that I've been impressed with Chester County so far. I've noticed that 7 of the 8 series are sweeps, I don't know if I will put too much stock into it. I still like Scotts Hill. I would've thought that McNairy Central and Lexington would at least split their respected opponents, and North Side would swept Adamsville. I will find out about North Side, Lexington, and McNairy Central a lot next week.