Region 7 AA Predictions????? District 13AA and 14AA

OldSportsGuy

That's correct, Riverside plays Chester. I also like Scotts Hill. I thonk there is going to be a lot of up and down performances by teams for weeks. Most of the teams loss a lot of players from last year's teams, so I expect inconsistent play by teams for a few weeks by them. The tournament will tell how well they developed throughout the year. With Wells on the mound for Adamsville, they will usually be in the game he pitches. So, I didn't think Northside would win that game.

Week 3 is in the books and Chester Co. has put themselves in 1st place.

Chester sweeps Riverside 5-1, 2-1

Southside sweeps Aville 2-0, 9-4

Lexington and Northside split 3-2, 4-6

McNairy and Scotts Hill split 5-2, 3-5

In game 1 Scotts Hill had chances early to put up some runs but McNairy was able to prevent the game from getting away from them. Down 2-1, they managed to score 3 in the 4th to go ahead for the rest of the game. In game 2, McNairy got the early lead but Scotts Hill fought back in the 4th. Trailing 2-0, they scored 4 to take the lead and not give it back.

1. Chester Co 6-0

2. Scotts Hill 5-1

3. McNairy 3-3

3. Lexington 3-3

5. Riverside 2-4

5. Northside 2-4

5. Southside 2-4

8. Adamsville 1-5

Week 4 Matchups is Rivalry Week

McNairy vs Adamsville

Northside vs Southside

Riverside vs Scotts Hill

Chester Co vs Lexington

Edited by LetMeHearYA

11 hours ago, LetMeHearYA said:

Week 3 is in the books and Chester Co. has put themselves in 1st place.

Chester sweeps Riverside 5-1, 2-1

Southside sweeps Aville 2-0, 9-4

Lexington and Northside split 3-2, 4-6

McNairy and Scotts Hill split 5-2, 3-5

In game 1 Scotts Hill had chances early to put up some runs but McNairy was able to prevent the game from getting away from them. Down 2-1, they managed to score 3 in the 4th to go ahead for the rest of the game. In game 2, McNairy got the early lead but Scotts Hill fought back in the 4th. Trailing 2-0, they scored 4 to take the lead and not give it back.

1. Chester Co 6-0

2. Scotts Hill 5-1

3. McNairy 3-3

3. Lexington 3-3

5. Riverside 2-4

5. Northside 2-4

5. Southside 2-4

8. Adamsville 1-5

Week 4 Matchups is Rivalry Week

McNairy vs Adamsville

Northside vs Southside

Riverside vs Scotts Hill

Chester Co vs Lexington

The McNairy Central/Scotts Hill split opened up the door for Chester, who swept McNairy Central just last week. I was a little shocked at the outcome of that series, really did believe that Scotts Hill will sweep McNairy coming in. To me, it just means that all Chester County has to do is split with Scotts Hill, and they'll be in great hands to host the district tournament. Next week could be potentially all sweeps, but the North Side and South Side series will be the most intriguing of the four.

• 2 weeks later...

This week, April the 2nd, had a few surprises 

Chester County and Lexington split, 11-3 and 3-5.

Eagles bats were hot and stayed hot for Monday, but they cooled off on Tuesday as Lexington rolled into Henderson and beat Chester. Despite losing the tiebreaker, this series was a huge win for Lexington as they keep the chances of having a good seed in the tournament alive.

Scotts Hill and Riverside split, 0-3 and 3-5.

The split helps Chester County as the Eagles will remain the #1 seed in the tournament, heading into next week. However, Riverside played themselves as the potential lock for the 4 seed as they were swept by McNairy Central and Chester County. The Panthers district record is 3-5.

South Side sweeps North Side 7-1 and 11-1.

South Side is arguably one of the hottest teams in all of West Tennessee. They can put on a hitting clinic as they're aggressive in the box. Their pitching and defense is not too shabby either. Can the Hawks keep their consistant winning  as they take on the Tigers? Meanwhile, North Side is scuffling right now as the Indians can't find a way to score. If the Indians swept South Side, they would be in contention for the three seed, however they're now the 7th seed after getting swept. 

McNairy Central and Adamsville split, 7-1 and 3-6.

This is really not a surprise to me as it appears Wells pitched a great game for Adamsville on Monday. However, McNairy Central put it on them on Tuesday. McNairy Central could win all of their district games remaining on schedule as they play both Jackson schools, and Lexington to finish the season. Adamsville, will have the potential to move up in the standings, but they have to beat Riverside who proved themselves they won't be an easy win. 

Current Standings (District Records) 

1. Chester County 7-1

2. Scotts Hill 6-2

3. McNairy 4-4

3. Lexington 4-4

3. South Side 4-4

6. Riverside 3-5

7. North Side 2-6

8. Adamsville 2-6

Next week pairings

Chester County and Scotts Hill, Adamsville and Riverside, North Side and McNairy Central, and South Side and Lexington.

22 hours ago, OldSportsGuy said:

I don't see Scotts Hill and Riverside winning this District. Tough to jumps up a classification and win it.

On Riverside, I agree. Scotts Hill has a chance though as long as they handle their pitching staff correctly in the tournament. I would say at this point, I do believe Chester County has the best chance to move into regionals. To me, whoever has a good #3-5 pitchers will have the best chance to make it out. Unfortunately, when I did see Scotts Hill, I didn't see any relief pitchers. 

On 4/7/2018 at 0:39 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

On Riverside, I agree. Scotts Hill has a chance though as long as they handle their pitching staff correctly in the tournament. I would say at this point, I do believe Chester County has the best chance to move into regionals. To me, whoever has a good #3-5 pitchers will have the best chance to make it out. Unfortunately, when I did see Scotts Hill, I didn't see any relief pitchers. 

You are right about pitching. With the new rules it sort of opens the doors for a team that has lots of decent pitching. Even if you have an ace or 2 you still gotta have some pretty decent arms to win it. Scott’s Hill will be well coached. Coach Harkin does a great job down there. Riverside and coach Quinn will be well coached too. Just not sure they have the players. 

3 hours ago, OldSportsGuy said:

You are right about pitching. With the new rules it sort of opens the doors for a team that has lots of decent pitching. Even if you have an ace or 2 you still gotta have some pretty decent arms to win it. Scott’s Hill will be well coached. Coach Harkin does a great job down there. Riverside and coach Quinn will be well coached too. Just not sure they have the players. 

I agree, but I know one thing, the Riverside Panthers will be ready in the tournament. The tournament will tell me a lot. I don't know much Riverside, but you have got to have pitching depth, because this pitching rule will screw several teams. In addition to that, this new rule has made the defense a huge priority. Sometimes, your defense is the one that forces a pitcher out of the game. I don't know the exact dates of the tournament, but I believe this will go from Thursday the 3rd to Thursday the 10th with a Sunday off day. So it will be somewhat of a spread out tournament.

14 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

but I know one thing, the Riverside Panthers will be ready in the tournament. 

Recent district tournament record

2017 2-2

2016 0-2

2015 1-2

2014 0-2

I'm gonna go ahead and say that Riverside will not get out of the tournament again this year.  

Good ole "Can't Win" Quinn!

21 hours ago, Ascendotuum said:

Recent district tournament record

2017 2-2

2016 0-2

2015 1-2

2014 0-2

I'm gonna go ahead and say that Riverside will not get out of the tournament again this year.  

Good ole "Can't Win" Quinn!

Dang. That is a mean one. You gotta have great talent to win. I think this is his best team in a while. I think Coach Quinn will win some games in the post season this year.

I know what team will finish last fir sure.....The whole team is scared of the coach..they play the game they love to play scared to make an error, and that results into errors! To much pressure on them and its become a joke..What ever happened to play ta have fun..if a team is having fun playing any sport, they are hard to beat!..And thats just a fact!

4 hours ago, copenoc said:

I know what team will finish last fir sure.....The whole team is scared of the coach..they play the game they love to play scared to make an error, and that results into errors! To much pressure on them and its become a joke..What ever happened to play ta have fun..if a team is having fun playing any sport, they are hard to beat!..And thats just a fact!

I'm curious, which team are you talking about?