Will Hester moving on

HTV

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that is a shocker. Maybe if I was still in the midstate I would’ve seen something to see it coming. Maybe I wouldn’t have. Wow. That’s I’ll all say, wonder if something happened between him and administration that we don’t know about? I wonder where he’ll go now? Good luck to him, he is one of the best coaches around and someone will get lucky to have him. 

Hester, by the way, will be going to Florence High School in Alabama. Likely will make over 100K to just coach and will not have to teach. Looks like the new Nolensville coach will the DC Paul Derrick. He did great at Ravenwood beforehand under Hester and did a solid job these past two years at NHS. Probably ready to be a HC by now but no question about it losing Hester is gonna hurt for the Knights. 

Edited by LoveForTheGame

44 minutes ago, LoveForTheGame said:

Hester, by the way, will be going to Florence High School in Alabama. Likely will make over 100K to just coach and will not have to teach. Looks like the new Nolensville coach will the DC Paul Derrick. He did great at Ravenwood beforehand under Hester and did a solid job these past two years at NHS. Probably ready to be a HC by now but no question about it losing Hester is gonna hurt for the Knights. 

Sounds like a good move for Coach Hester.  Sad for Nolensville which looked to make some noise in the next year or two.  Hopefully Coach Derrick won't miss a beat.  They have been running the same system together at both Ravenwood and Nolensville for years.  One would expect this to be a smooth transition.  Good luck to both.

Sorry to see Will Hester leave our state.  He has done an excellent job as a coach at multiple schools. Wish him well in his new venture.

Glad to see the administration at Nolensville give an excellent young coach his first opportunity to head up a football program.  Worked with Coach Derrick at APSU and found him to be very knowledgeable, hard working, and caring coach/person.  Good luck CPD!