State Dual Results And Updates

Bump11

24 minutes ago, ObserverW said:

Wow, it appears Wilson also "got lucky."  

Unfortunately I think that's all the drama on the winners side of the bracket.  Science Hill celebrating like they just won the gold trophy, I think they must realize whats next and are reveling in their success before the sun goes down.  Good year for them, just one short for Price's last middle school group.

Consolations will be fun.

Price's group was pretty good this year too. They're going to have a long run of success even after this year for sure.

29 minutes ago, ObserverW said:

Wow, it appears Wilson also "got lucky."  

Unfortunately I think that's all the drama on the winners side of the bracket.  Science Hill celebrating like they just won the gold trophy, I think they must realize whats next and are reveling in their success before the sun goes down.  Good year for them, just one short for Price's last middle school group.

Consolations will be fun.

This is certainly not Price's last group of middle school kids.  He & Coach McKinney keep pumping them out and I see no reason The Hill won't continue their East Tennessee dominance for several years to come.  

20 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Who was supposed to be the number 2 team OW and HSDAD? 

A certain region that complains that they have the # 1, 2, and 3 best teams in AAA.  And how it is so unfair that they can't bring the #3 team to the duals . . .

They probably have the number 1 , but the so called number 2 has been knocked out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrfixalot49 said:

WC didn't get lucky. Those boys came to wrestle.  Botto line!

Wilson Central was a tough out even for Cleveland, they have a good chance at third themselves. OW like he said is an equal opportunity butthole, but he does seem to have a region bias that has rarely been competitive(region 8) guess the year all miss the fact that out of 20 years only 2 teams have won championship outside region 4, 11-12 of those times it was regions 4 against itself in the finals with 3 teams winning state titles and a fourth in Hooterville that was a RU. When you have so many first and seconds against each other is pretty easy to see that when that third from region is ver close matches that the third best team in region 4 didn't even get to make state duals. Sucks it doesn't happen because it would have been great to see region 4 teams sitting on top 3 steps I know for a few of those state duals. This year was the worst the region has ever done in 20 years, as prior the worst finish for the two teams was 4th, but also there is a chance for another state title.

5 minutes ago, topperpride11 said:

This is certainly not Price's last group of middle school kids.  He & Coach McKinney keep pumping them out and I see no reason The Hill won't continue their East Tennessee dominance for several years to come.  

Hold on now Topper, don't get too carried away.  You guys have had a great year and I wish you the best but your statement about East Tennessee dominance is a little near sighted.  My Tennessee High Vikings have won the past two Region Championships and Dobyns Bennett won the year prior.  I think this must be the first in at least four years for you guys.  In addition, the Vikings have brought home a runner up and 3rd place individual state trophy as well as an additional top 10 place in the past 3 years.  They have also placed 3rd, 4th and were in the blood round 3 years ago at duals (with only 10 or 11 kids).  With all due respect, your Toppers haven't cracked the Top 10 at individuals and have one 3rd place dual trophy plus whatever you earn this year.  I hardly call that dominance.  

I wish you guys good luck and I hope you bring home a State Championship this year but my Vikings will be back as well as Dobyns Bennett and several others in Region 1 in the next few years.  

5 minutes ago, HSDAD said:

A certain region that complains that they have the # 1, 2, and 3 best teams in AAA.  And how it is so unfair that they can't bring the #3 team to the duals . . .

They probably have the number 1 , but the so called number 2 has been knocked out.

Please go through any of these posts and tell me who said that Soddy or Bradley was the second best team in the state this year! I can put a wager on it if you want? Because I know that it has always been Cleveland and Science hill in top two spots with everyone else fighting out for the rest. But good luck on that and let me know when you find that, if not you might want to keep your mouth shut until you start catching up to that region with the most state titles since the split