State Dual Results And Updates

Bump11

4 minutes ago, topperpride11 said:

I have started no fight!  I was simply defending myself against DaBears smart comment about SH fans.  All season long I have simply supported my team.  I have not fought against anyone and tried to keep it positive but as others have pointed out DaBears trolls everyone who is not Region 4.  Last year he as Bradley through and through, this year he bleeds blue and on occasion, as long as they were winning, was a Soddy guy.

I'm here to support Science Hill and will continue to do so.  I will defend my team to the end.  We dropped a close one in the finals but we could have easily turned 3 matches and made a who different dual.  We will show up ready at individual state and give Cleveland and everyone else a battle.  I stand by my comments and we WILL finish ahead of several Region 4 teams.  If you have a problem with anything I've said, come find the Science Hill crowd and we can talk about it.  

Need a Snickers?  Tissues? I'm forever a Bear. Supported them all year from day 1. Still will not stop me from giving our City boys down the road some good luck. The way some of y'all was talking this year bout beating Cleveland and you all was the best team in state. What else did you expect? 

• Upvote 1

This thread quickly turned from a state Duals discussion to an all out war between region 4 fans and science Hill fans. Both sides are right and both also wrong. Cleveland is number 1, but Science Hill was head and shoulders the 2nd best team this year, behind only Cleveland. Bradley and Soddy, according to where they went out, are just inside top 8. I’d say Bradley and Soddy are pretty close together so I’ll put Bradley in the same area Soddy finished. You’re all beautiful. All passionate, and clearly all energetic when it comes to your teams.  Let’s all just cool off for a couple weeks so we have some fire and energy to cheer our teams at traditional state.  Big congrats to Cleveland, Gibbs, and The Bros on the state titles. Kinda cool to have 3 champs from 3 different parts of the state. Also Big shout out to Brentwood, Signal Mountain, Fairview, and even Heritage. All of whom way outperformed anyone’s projections. 

Edited by Bump11
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Bump11 said:

Makes sense I guess. I just don’t agree with it 100%. I was always taught to give it your all whether you’re “supposed” to win or not. Underdogs will never have a chance to upset the top guys if they just roll over. Just my opinion

I don't think Coach Simpson would have thrown in non-starters at 126-145 if he didn't have the winner of Brentwood and DB in the next round.   I also don't think that he went into the dual with the intent to throw those kids in there.  I think that he was hoping Lewis would pin at 195 ; the hwt would pull out the win; and that Canon would at least get bonus points.  Once those three things did not happen he knew the only reason to continue was to get the rest of his wrestlers some matches, and why risk injury to starters when you have another big dual coming right up.  I do agree the optics of it are not good, but it was all strategic.  I feel pretty strongly that had this been in the finals or a regular season dual he would not have done it. 

OW basically said as much but I just wanted to add that I don't think this was the pre-determined plan going in.  Had things gone differently through the first six weights I think he would have continued competing.   That said, this is all speculation on my part.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cmmndoalum said:

What happened with the penalty point in the Arlington vs Brentwood matchup? Brentwood wins by a point but an  unsportsmanlike for Arlington? 

No it wasn’t a penalty. The match ended in a tie. The point was just Brentwood winning on criteria. 

5 hours ago, Nainten said:

I don't think Coach Simpson would have thrown in non-starters at 126-145 if he didn't have the winner of Brentwood and DB in the next round.   I also don't think that he went into the dual with the intent to throw those kids in there.  I think that he was hoping Lewis would pin at 195 ; the hwt would pull out the win; and that Canon would at least get bonus points.  Once those three things did not happen he knew the only reason to continue was to get the rest of his wrestlers some matches, and why risk injury to starters when you have another big dual coming right up.  I do agree the optics of it are not good, but it was all strategic.  I feel pretty strongly that had this been in the finals or a regular season dual he would not have done it. 

OW basically said as much but I just wanted to add that I don't think this was the pre-determined plan going in.  Had things gone differently through the first six weights I think he would have continued competing.   That said, this is all speculation on my part.  

I understand what y’all are saying lol it’s not that I don’t get it, I just don’t 100% agree with it. But that’s just my opinion. It does make sense though. I just would liked to have seen them go straight up. And they got the winner of Brentwood and Beech. Not DB

3 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

No it wasn’t a penalty. The match ended in a tie. The point was just Brentwood winning on criteria. 

It was a penalty. If you add up their points from the matches, it adds up to 34, yet their score shows 33 because a point was deducted for unsportsmanlike conduct.  That made the score 33-33, and the first criteria is unsportsmanlike conduct, therefore giving Brentwood the point and win 34-33

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, nshirleyKHS said:

It was a penalty. If you add up their points from the matches, it adds up to 34, yet their score shows 33 because a point was deducted for unsportsmanlike conduct.  That made the score 33-33, and the first criteria is unsportsmanlike conduct, therefore giving Brentwood the point and win 34-33

I know there was an unsportsmanlike in the middle of the Dual but what I meant was I didn’t think a penalty is what gave them the point. Didn’t realize that’s what broke the tie. The unsportsmanlike made it tied is all I was saying. Misunderstood your question. And I didn’t realize that was a criteria. 

4 hours ago, nshirleyKHS said:

So basically they pulled a MJ ?

Arlington was going to win 34-33 but because of conduct, they lost a point? 

Edited by HSDAD
Error

4 hours ago, Cmmndoalum said:

What happened with the penalty point in the Arlington vs Brentwood matchup? Brentwood wins by a point but an  unsportsmanlike for Arlington? 

The final score was a tie and Arlington lost by criteria. The coaching staff was hit for unsportsmanlike conduct for pleading for an escape point in a close match. "That should be one!" Literally all that was said....