State Dual Results And Updates

Bump11

I thought the officiating was above average and consistent, all weekend.

My only complaint with them is their consistent inability to call stalling.

It was horrible.

I don’t want to call out teams...and I know that “selective stalling” is crucial in Duals, and a dual tournament.....but, there is a team that has 5 exceptional kids and 9 decent kids....those other kids do an outstanding job at selectively Wrestling. If the refs don’t make those kids wrestle it makes for a very frustrating match, as a spectator...and a wrestler.

Watching match after match of backing up to edge from neutral, and Wrestling balled up and flat on their stomach for minute after minute, match after match is just horrible.

i get it...if I’m their coach...in a dual tourney...I tell them to do the same thing, until the ref makes you wrestle.....alas, the refs just let it go....dual after dual.

That said....the officiating gets a solid B from me.

18 hours ago, udahman said:

I thought the officiating suxed   especially the bald guy who looked like the gay cop in wild hogs movie who had a million false starts because he was trying to trick wrestlers on when he was starting  

I'm pretty sure the official that you are referring to is me.  I can assure you that I would not bait wrestlers for a false start.  Normally I do not respond to message boards but in your case I had to make an exception. Your post was so funny!  Classically hilarious. A literally think I laughed for a minute straight!  

P.s.

Suxed is correctly spelled sucked.

Just fyi 

Edited by DAKEKO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DAKEKO said:

I'm pretty sure the official that you are referring to is me.  I can assure you that I would not bait wrestlers for false start.  Normally I do not respond to message boards but in your case I had to make an exception. Your post was so funny!  Classically hilarious. A literally think I laughed for a minute straight!

P.s.

Suxed is correctly spelled sucked.

Just fyi 

Since you popped up....can I ask if you find “stalling” to be the toughest call to make?

I understand scrambles on the edge can really be a close call....but it seems “stalling” is always so obvious to the fans that want it called.

I would love to hear your thought process when reffing, and trying to decide when the bottom man is stalling vs when he is simply being overpowered by the man on top.

Thanks, if you have the time.