State Dual Results And Updates

Bump11

20 minutes ago, TheNewGuy12345 said:

Really Gibbs? This is a wrestling tournament, not a stalling contest. Take your loss and go with it. Stalling out like that is a cop out. Greenbrier just proved they’re hands down the best A/AA team in the state. Regardless of who gets the title from this point on. 

Are you talking about 113? 

1 hour ago, Bump11 said:

Signal beats Fairview and Gibbs survives against Greenbriar. Signal-Gibbs in the A/AA final. 

The Bros slip past McCallie and Baylor stomps Ryan. Bros-Baylor D2 final. That will be a lot of fun

We’ve been on th same page most of the season....but....

CB “slips” by McCallie???

it was 37-18 with 2 matches left....I didn’t see final score, but that match was over with 2 matches left....McCallie may have pinned out, and probably would have....but “slipped by” is be very generous.

I’d have gone with “won handily.”

McCallie is tough as heck....but after this CB victory, and last weeks Baylor victory....let’s put where McCallie should be ranked to bed...3rd in D2.

Surely, we can all agree with that, right?

Edited by Twofdr
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheNewGuy12345 said:

Really Gibbs? This is a wrestling tournament, not a stalling contest. Take your loss and go with it. Stalling out like that is a cop out. Greenbrier just proved they’re hands down the best A/AA team in the state. Regardless of who gets the title from this point on. 

Had nothing to do with your top ranked HW losing did it?? Gibbs grinded put that win.

35 minutes ago, TheNewGuy12345 said:

Sorry your squad lost....but unfortunately....”stalling” or “not giving up big bonus points” is part of a dual tourney.

My guys came out on the wrong side of a first round match that was determined by “selective stalling,” lol.

Our best guys couldn’t  major, or pin, a couple of their good wrestlers...and their best guys were able to pin ours.

The name of the game is “survive and advance.”

Dont like it...it has no place in the individuals in two weeks...but, this weekend...it shows a lot of mat awareness, and  solid strategy.

Edited by Twofdr

13 minutes ago, DaBears1976 said:

You've been quiet for a while. You decided to run your piehole now cause Brentwood got lucky? Lets talk about tomorrow and see who is the champs. Dont hide tomorrow when you see a Region 4 champ. Come back and "lets talk" 

Brentwood did not get lucky. They were the better team and they won. End of story. Y’all need to seriously shut up with all this talk about Soddy being all that and a bag of chips and only lose when it’s luck or someone else’s fault. Take some dang responsibility and give the team that beat you some credit for once in your life’s. Literally that’s all  I hear on these boards...Cleveland this, Soddy that, Bradley this, region 4 that. If you win you talk trash about how high and mighty you are. If you lose all you talk about is, ahhh they got lucky. Or they cheated. Or the refs sucked. Just stop. For once just give credit to the team that beat you instead of coming up with excuses.

Edited by Bump11
  • Upvote 1