Player's Chattanooga Powerhouse

MountainVol

2 hours ago, MountainVol said:

Memphis,

Are others in Memphis leaving the Lobos for BUSA and TSC's ECNL?

It does seem the best way to give the girls an early look at college level soccer.  UTC got at least 3 ECNL players in the 2018 class and has at least 4 committed for the 2019 class.  It certainly should make a difference.

I really don't know - too far removed from it.   

It seems there may have been some consolidation in local clubs - which I view as positive for the players. 

I noticed three kids from Lobos at UTC.  Great for TN kids to have this as a competitive, in-state option.  Should turn out to be a reasonably priced college education for the families.

On 2/12/2018 at 11:14 AM, MountainVol said:

Memphis,

Are others in Memphis leaving the Lobos for BUSA and TSC's ECNL?

It does seem the best way to give the girls an early look at college level soccer.  UTC got at least 3 ECNL players in the 2018 class and has at least 4 committed for the 2019 class.  It certainly should make a difference.

Molly Martin from ECS, now at Ole Miss, played for BUSA. 

On 2/12/2018 at 9:33 AM, somewhereinmemphis said:

Our daughter played for BUSA the first (and second) year of the ECNL.  It was the best decision we ever made for a variety of reasons.  Overall, the exposure was exceptional and the style of play was better preparation for college.  If UTC is pulling some players from the ECNL, they should continue to improve.

Who was her coach at BUSA? Faith played for Andrew Brower and we kicked ourselves for not doing it sooner. He was great. The team was comparable to her TSC team but the style of play and competition were college like.

2 hours ago, somewhereinmemphis said:

Andrew B was her coach.  Quality individual.

That guy is hilarious too. Heard him scream "you are literally taking a dump on the field". He also begged the center ref to red card him so he wouldn't have to watch his team play anymore. 

BUSA does a great job training their athletes them promoting them. It's considerably better than TSC in that regard.

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2018 at 7:41 AM, MountainVol said:

Players,

It appears UTC has picked up yet another high school superstar for their 2018 class.  Coach McKinney certainly seems to be building momentum.

Gonna come to the UTC vs TTU match on Sunday April 15th. I heard UTC has some injuries so we don't have any expectations. We may spend the night Saturday and just take our time in the city looking around.

Let me know if you guys are going to the game, or if your friend is, so Faith can meet your kids.