Player's Chattanooga Powerhouse

MountainVol

5 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Why wouldnt I? His daughter is playing with mine. Do you know the parents of kids on your childs team? May see him in Indianapolis today and likely have dinner with him and other parents. But, since youre likely a Webb guy you know that I know him. Lol 

Exactly.  Why wouldn't you.  You know everyone in the soccer community.  

GO SPARTANS!

1 hour ago, Elmer said:

GO SPARTANS!

Not everyone by any means but people on my childrens teams. Its a shame that triggers you. You be you though. If Kevin is here in Indy Ill tell him hi for you.

BTW your good buddy Booger is also known by Kevin. Dont shoot the messenger though.

Hey, did your soccer coach make any more sprints down the sideline and kick a ball behind the bench? That was one of the oddest things Ive ever seen a coach do. It was a complete meltdown. If you know of a video of it I would love to watch it again. Lol

Edited by Playerscoach

On 11/17/2018 at 10:13 AM, Elmer said:

GO SPARTANS!

Ill miss these types of exchanges where one of you guys makes these foot in mouth comments then doesnt show back up to own up to it. You guys have been alot of fun over the years. 

In all seriousness best of luck to all you guys, Booger, coach G, canes, Mountainvol, and the rest of you. Ive had alot of fun trading barbs and discussing a variety of subjects.

On 11/25/2018 at 7:17 PM, Playerscoach said:

Ill miss these types of exchanges where one of you guys makes these foot in mouth comments then doesnt show back up to own up to it. You guys have been alot of fun over the years. 

In all seriousness best of luck to all you guys, Booger, coach G, canes, Mountainvol, and the rest of you. Ive had alot of fun trading barbs and discussing a variety of subjects.

Name-dropping is the practice of naming or alluding to important people and institutions within a conversation, story, song, online identity, or other communication. The term often connotes an attempt to impress others; it is usually regarded negatively, and under certain circumstances may constitute a breach of professional ethics. When used as part of a logical argument it can be an example of the false authority fallacy.

I don't know about that, Elmer.  Many a time when my wife and I have been faced with 3 hour waits at fancy restaurants in Nashville, the mere mention of the name, Playerscoach, has gotten us immediate seating and free drinks.

The man is a legend in the midstate.  That is why if Booger and he ever get together, they could announce a guaranteed successful run at the presidency.

That, my friend, would be something to see.

8 hours ago, Elmer said:

Name-dropping is the practice of naming or alluding to important people and institutions within a conversation, story, song, online identity, or other communication. The term often connotes an attempt to impress others; it is usually regarded negatively, and under certain circumstances may constitute a breach of professional ethics. When used as part of a logical argument it can be an example of the false authority fallacy.

Deflect is defined as to cause something to change direction, or to deter someone from his/her intended purpose. When all the attention is focused on you and you change the subject and get people to change what they are talking about, this is an example of a time when you deflect the conversation.

You be you though. Lol

6 hours ago, MountainVol said:

I don't know about that, Elmer.  Many a time when my wife and I have been faced with 3 hour waits at fancy restaurants in Nashville, the mere mention of the name, Playerscoach, has gotten us immediate seating and free drinks.

The man is a legend in the midstate.  That is why if Booger and he ever get together, they could announce a guaranteed successful run at the presidency.

That, my friend, would be something to see.

It was my pleasure. Anything for a good guy like you. Let me know when you are back in the midstate and I’ll get us a great table at Golden Corral again. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/30/2018 at 5:42 AM, MountainVol said:

That is a great offer but Golden Corral is a little above my pay grade.  I like that wonderful French restaurant, Le Arby's, or that down to earth farmer's restaurant, McDonald's, where everything is fresh from his farm.

Saw the all area teams come out today. Mocs have 5 up for POY in east, middle, and west TN. Pretty neat for that program. Ive seen AK Anderson and Macenzie Smith (POY nominess by Knoc News Sentinel) play several times this fall/winter. Avery from Knox Webb plays on that team too (Elmer thats Kevins daughter). All three are very good players and fun to watch compete.

Anderson, IMO, is just a different type of player. Shes a legit 6’ tall, fast, and skilled. However, her best attribute is she flat out competes every play. She is so good that she could play all 10 field positions in college IMO. Over the years Ive traveled all over the country and seen the top “ranked” players and not one of them with the exception of Croix Bethune (Concorde Fire/USC Trojans) has jumped out at you like her. UTC got an absolute steal with her. I had heard from Faith and others about the Shaw sisters having an opporunity to possibly have an immediate impact as freshmen at UTC last season and have heard the same about Anderson. Faith thinks all the class is great and laughs at being the weak link in it.  She knows she has a ton of hard work to do to ever see the field with this group and the current roster.

Happy for all the kids who made it. I know many others deserved to make the teams too though.