Player's Chattanooga Powerhouse

MountainVol

On 2/2/2019 at 1:48 PM, Booger said:

new of a 4'11", at best, CB that started every game of all 4 years of HS...that also was repeat all-stater and TFP 1st tm defender of the year at back in the rear...was highly recruited by sum to play that position in college...tho may not have survived in that CB position at that level on a possible few teams in sum conferences before alterin positions...but thinkin she did become what was a 40 game starter & not xactly sure how many games played at mainly the D spot on a team that fell 1 game short of a final 4 national championship showin......actually scored ealrly in one game from that back position gainst a team that had a showin in the national championship finals that same year......and she clipped many a wing of many Ms & Fs that were all-con & all-region selections 

tho rare as it may b or even an absolute impossible to sum...it does happen...

..as mountainvol nose & laid witness himself...and hopin your new year is off to great start sir

Booger just sayin :thumb:

There are always outliers but the SoCon doesnt have one player under 5’ and only a few total within 3”. My point was that a 6’ tall extremely athletic and talented CB could be a great weapon against the 20+ 5’10” SoCon athletes she would face.

Glad your daughter had a great career and she by all accounts could have played many places.

Edited by Playerscoach

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2019 at 12:42 PM, MountainVol said:

That is a poor example as her father was a rock star athlete and she got his genes.  

I saw her play 4 times last year and she did well in all 4.   The last game was about as exciting of a soccer game as there is.

I havent confirmed it but I heard the FC Alliance u18/19’s with the four UTC signees will be playing Division 2 powerhouse Carson Newman and LMU this spring. Thats up in your neck of the woods so have you heard that too? 

If its true that would be a good test for those kids. 

On 2/17/2019 at 10:17 AM, MountainVol said:

I'll check into it, but if LMU is involved that is something Booger would be on top of.  If true it would offer Booger and you an opportunity to sit down and work on your political future.

Heard anything about those games? Have those teams ever played FC Alliance and if so what were the results? Would be a good indicator of what to expect. I would think the current college atheltes would have a huge advantage over the HS players.

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, MountainVol said:

I understand UTC had a solid game versus Tennessee Friday night.  Midway through the second half the score was still 0-0.  A couple of late goals by the Lady Vols skewed the look of the game.  Coach McKinney continues to build his foundation and is recruiting well.

Faith and I actually went and watched. There were some good moments for UTC for sure. Both teams were missing several players but competed well. 

I still believe AK Anderson (Knox West) will have a huge impact this next season. Her speed, size, and skill will be a huge asset for the Mocs. 

UTC, if things stay the same, will have 20-21 players on the roster next season with 7 (currently) being freshmen. I would think all of them will have to contribute at some level next season because of the numbers. To me Julia was easily the most talented travel player in Memphis for years and is the wild card here. I think she was a steal for UTC. Plus, Kendra from Beech HS is my favorite to win the midstate POY award. She has a unique combinatiom of great speed, height, and is one of the top players in US Region 3 out of the air.

It should be interesting no doubt.

Edited by Playerscoach

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2019 at 12:50 PM, MountainVol said:

From all reports, coach McKinney's last few classes have been good.  That strong foundation will be a big reason he can compete and win the close games.  UTC should be in the upper half of the SoCon soon, possibly this Fall.

What have you heard tegarding expectations of incoming players? Any to keep an eye on?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2019 at 7:31 PM, MountainVol said:

That', sir, is the correct question.

College is so different speedwise, sizewise, and strengthwise than high school or club.  It is an eye opening experience for many players.

I heard the CN game vs the FC Alliance high school players was a tough physical game. I also heard the CB going to UTC (AK Anderson) controlled the huge CN forward. Faith had a conflict and didnt make it but by all accounts her future roommates (Anderson and Mac Smith) stood out. 

Im biased but have you heard how folks see the four FC Allince players fitting in the rotation at UTC next season?