Player's Chattanooga Powerhouse

MountainVol

2 minutes ago, BigG said:

I apologize.  It was my 200th win and it happened 2 years ago.  It just so happened to occur at DCA.  

My assistant works extremely hard to be non biased in his postings.  Feel free to talk crap about me (I am used to it) but leave him out of it.  He spends HUNDREDS of hours updating the site with scores from teams that don't send him any info and he has to find in other ways.  It is a very "thankless" job and he has done fantastic at it (not many other HIGH SCHOOL divisions has this kind of social media presence).

We are blessed to have a lot of talent, but I remind you that just 5 years ago, we were 5-6-4.  Success ebbs and flows.  

Good luck to your daughter next year in college.  She is a very talented player.   I think she will do well.

But know this.... It's been a while since I have coached in college, but there are still a lot of fouls, cheap plays, coaches that scream in ALL kinds of languages to hurt players, a few ice baths on many fields, and a whole lot of politics.  I doubt there is any moaning about ball girls/boys in the state championship, however.  

Nah G I’ll do both actually and did. There’s no doubt he’s done a great job overall and spent tons of hours doing it and there’s zero doubt of the disproportionate posts about CPA. There’s also no doubt that somehow DCA gets little to no coverage across all sports. It is what it is. I pointed it out and stand by it. Its my opinion that I gathered from watching it take place. 

Best of luck to you.

1 hour ago, JFW3 said:

I run the TnDIIAthletics.com website and Twitter accounts on behalf of the DII-A Middle Region schools.  And while I am an assistant coach at CPA for boys and girls soccer, I go out of my way to make sure there is no appearance of favoritism or exclusion of any member school, particularly making sure not to favor CPA as I am on the coaching staff.

This is the first time I've heard a complaint along these lines from anyone.

I would be curious as to what specific examples of where the website or Twitter account "definitely favors CPA" or where other schools are "downright ignored."

The purpose of these two is very simple, to get information out related to the schools and teams which are in the Middle Region of Division II-A.

The website is updated daily with schedules, results, standings and postseason brackets for 10 sports.

The only thing re-Tweeted during the regular season are scores from district games for these 10 sports. During the postseason, brackets are posted along with re-Tweeting results in the Middle Region and at the state final XII level.  While some schools and programs are more active in posting their results than others are, if it's posted on any of the 199 accounts I follow, it gets re-Tweeted.

I think you do a great job and enjoyed reading the tweets. You and I discussed the website at FRA last year during the boys playoffs and I thought it was a great idea. I watched, along with many from my school, at the disproportionate posts about CPA compared to my school. You run it so that’s your prerogative to post/tweet what you want. All I’m doing is pointing it out. 

If you and G don’t like it I’m not sure what to say other than it’s an opinion so feel free to disagree. 

4 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

I think you do a great job and enjoyed reading the tweets. You and I discussed the website at FRA last year during the boys playoffs and I thought it was a great idea. I watched, along with many from my school, at the disproportionate posts about CPA compared to my school. You run it so that’s your prerogative to post/tweet what you want. All I’m doing is pointing it out. 

If you and G don’t like it I’m not sure what to say other than it’s an opinion so feel free to disagree. 

5 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Now to #1. Not passive aggressive whatsoever. Its said in black and white. The disproportionate posts about CPA are there to see. 

As I initially stated, the integrity and objectivity of the TnDIIAthletics website and Twitter account is of the upmost importance and essential for it's ongoing success.  I go out of my way to ensure neither is a PR platform for CPA athletics or is even perceived to be as such.

Twitter will let me go back to the last week of November 2018 to see the posts and re-Tweets so I spent about an hour (or more) tonight counting from the beginning of basketball season on December 1st  through the end of Spring Fling a few weeks ago.

• From DEC 2018 to present, @TnDIIAthletics re-Tweeted or Tweeted 810 times.

• 70 Tweets were original content from @TnDIIAthletics and consisted exclusively of schedules, brackets, and postseason parings 

• 50 re-Tweets were relaying information from the TSSAA, TIAAA, other media outlets, as well as a few postseason results from outside the Middle Region which either involved Middle Region schools or a result where a Middle Region team would face them next, and one re-Tweet was about a nice story on a special needs student-athlete-manager in Knoxville.

• The other 690-ish re-Tweets were exclusively results from district games/matches and a few schedule changes.  While CPA soccer is very active on social media, at no time has @TnDIIAthletics ever been used - nor will it ever be - to promote CPA soccer or anything related to CPA outside of results for games.  CPA Soccer was re-Tweeted 11 times over 3 months, all of which were results of district or postseason games.

• As a point of reference, DCA Softball was the most active DCA sport specific account on Twitter in the same time period.  They posted 11 district or postseason results, of which 10 were re-Tweeted.  I missed the 11th and that mistake is on me.

• Here are the Twitter "standings" with the number of re-Tweets for the 6 months from December 2018 to present:

Counting only the combined Tweets from the athletic department and the school main account

1. TnDII original content - brackets, schedules, etc (70)

2. BGA (64)

3. USN (62)

4. MJCA (50)

5. Clarksville (48)

6. MTCS (46)

7. FRA (45)

8. Goodpasture (40)

9. Friendship (36)

10. Ezell Harding (33)

11. Davidson (22)

12. CPA / DCA (19)

14. Providence (12)

15.Nashville Christian (10)

16. Webb (8)

17. Zion (8)

Counting total Tweets from each school including team specific accounts:

1. MTCS (80)

2. TnDII original content - brackets, schedules, etc (70)

3. BGA (67)

4. Clarksville (65)

5. USN (62)

6. CPA (56)

7. MJCA (50)

8. Goodpasture (49)

9. FRA (48)

10. Ezell Harding (45)

11. Friendship (44)

12. Davidson (36)

13. DCA (33)

14. Webb (19)

15. Providence (13)

16. Nashville Christian (10)

17. Zion (8)

By the total measurement, CPA didn't even make the top 5 and, by the other, it came in tied for #12 of 17 (tied with DCA).

While I make it a policy of not having public arguments online, I felt the need to respond to your general statement of disproportionately promoting CPA, with quantifiable metrics clearly demonstrating no favoritism exists in promoting CPA - or any school -  to the detriment of any other member school.

All the best to you and to your daughter and the next step in her soccer career.  She's a great player and should do well this fall at UTC.

JFW

Edited by JFW3
Correction of a few poorly worded sentences.

12 hours ago, JFW3 said:

As I initially stated, the integrity and objectivity of the TnDIIAthletics website and Twitter account is of the upmost importance and essential for it's ongoing success.  I go out of my way to ensure neither is a PR platform for CPA athletics or is even perceived to be as such.

Twitter will let me go back to the last week of November 2018 to see the posts and re-Tweets so I spent about an hour (or more) tonight counting from the beginning of basketball season on December 1st  through the end of Spring Fling a few weeks ago.

• From DEC 2018 to present, @TnDIIAthletics re-Tweeted or Tweeted 810 times.

• 70 Tweets were original content from @TnDIIAthletics and consisted exclusively of schedules, brackets, and postseason parings 

• 50 re-Tweets were relaying information from the TSSAA, TIAAA, other media outlets, as well as a few postseason results from outside the Middle Region which either involved Middle Region schools or a result where a Middle Region team would face them next, and one re-Tweet was about a nice story on a special needs student-athlete-manager in Knoxville.

• The other 690-ish re-Tweets were exclusively results from district games/matches and a few schedule changes.  While CPA soccer is very active on social media, at no time has @TnDIIAthletics ever been used - nor will it ever be - to promote CPA soccer or anything related to CPA outside of results for games.  CPA Soccer was re-Tweeted 11 times over 3 months, all of which were results of district or postseason games.

• As a point of reference, DCA Softball was the most active DCA sport specific account on Twitter in the same time period.  They posted 11 district or postseason results, of which 10 were re-Tweeted.  I missed the 11th and that mistake is on me.

• Here are the Twitter "standings" with the number of re-Tweets for the 6 months from December 2018 to present:

Counting only the combined Tweets from the athletic department and the school main account

1. TnDII original content - brackets, schedules, etc (70)

2. BGA (64)

3. USN (62)

4. MJCA (50)

5. Clarksville (48)

6. MTCS (46)

7. FRA (45)

8. Goodpasture (40)

9. Friendship (36)

10. Ezell Harding (33)

11. Davidson (22)

12. CPA / DCA (19)

14. Providence (12)

15.Nashville Christian (10)

16. Webb (8)

17. Zion (8)

Counting total Tweets from each school including team specific accounts:

1. MTCS (80)

2. TnDII original content - brackets, schedules, etc (70)

3. BGA (67)

4. Clarksville (65)

5. USN (62)

6. CPA (56)

7. MJCA (50)

8. Goodpasture (49)

9. FRA (48)

10. Ezell Harding (45)

11. Friendship (44)

12. Davidson (36)

13. DCA (33)

14. Webb (19)

15. Providence (13)

16. Nashville Christian (10)

17. Zion (8)

By the total measurement, CPA didn't even make the top 5 and, by the other, it came in tied for #12 of 17 (tied with DCA).

While I make it a policy of not having public arguments online, I felt the need to respond to your general statement of disproportionately promoting CPA, with quantifiable metrics clearly demonstrating no favoritism exists in promoting CPA - or any school -  to the detriment of any other member school.

All the best to you and to your daughter and the next step in her soccer career.  She's a great player and should do well this fall at UTC.

JFW

I am not able to go back past November 16th, 2018. Just taking basketball into consider there were approximately 30 tweets/retweets of CPA and 13 for my school. I am not able to look at the other earlier sports. 

I do not follow softball so I should have qualified my remarks to the sports I follow more closely (football, basketball, and girls soccer). 

I still think it’s a great thing you’re doing and I’m standing by my statement based on the sports I follow. The numbers I just provided are pretty clear. As I said before it’s perfectly ok for you to disagree.

Thank you for the kind words about Faith. Best of luck to you.

5 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

I am not able to go back past November 16th, 2018. Just taking basketball into consider there were approximately 30 tweets/retweets of CPA and 13 for my school. I am not able to look at the other earlier sports. 

I do not follow softball so I should have qualified my remarks to the sports I follow more closely (football, basketball, and girls soccer). 

I still think it’s a great thing you’re doing and I’m standing by my statement based on the sports I follow. The numbers I just provided are pretty clear. As I said before it’s perfectly ok for you to disagree.

Thank you for the kind words about Faith. Best of luck to you.

I'm not really sure what to say, other than quantifiable statistics are what they are.

The three sports you mentioned do not have Twitter accounts.

In terms of boys and girls basketball, your main school account tweeted 12 times about B/G BB district games, 10 of which were re-Tweeted. I'll take the heat for missing the other two, but I can only re-Tweet what has been posted.