Player's Chattanooga Powerhouse

MountainVol

On 2/2/2018 at 7:41 AM, MountainVol said:

Players,

It appears UTC has picked up yet another high school superstar for their 2018 class.  Coach McKinney certainly seems to be building momentum.

Lol. I think UTC is getting some great players and this class has some kids that will push to start. Big, strong, athletic group.

I'm pretty familiar with the 2019's in state and that group is fantastic. Ask the Lobos 2019's who the best player is and Julia P is going to get the most votes. In Knoxville AK would likely get it. I'm very impressed with that group and compared to WKU, TTU, MTSU, Belmont, Austin Peay, David Lipscomb, it's better on paper and potential. 

Need to win more this season and show improvement to the new AD. 

Edited by Playerscoach

10 hours ago, MountainVol said:

In looking at his roster, signees, and 2019 commitments, he is focusing on size and pace.  I am not sure about the Lobo, but the middle and east Tennessee players are between 5'8" and 6'.  If nothing else, this will allow the Mocs to match up from a physical standpoint with ACC and SEC caliber teams.

Well I know one 2019 who doesn't have pace and is 5'8". So short and slow isn't too good!!! Lol Her younger brother is very fast though. :)

The 2018 UTC class with the twins is really interesting to me. Obviously their bio's are kinda eye opening with all four kids in th family playing college  soccer, dad playing in the NHL, and mom being a college volleyball player. One is an attacking player and the other more defensive. The 2018's appear to be a more defensive group that's light on attacking though.

The 2019 class with AK, Faith, and Julia can score goals. Between the three they will have a ton of HS (300+) and club goals. What I've heard is they want kids who can score multiple ways. Julia P is talented but not necessarily a scorer. AK can score and play CB. Faith can score every way without having pace but isn't a 9 in college unless they work some magic in training her. I'd say both Julia and Faith are unlike anyone they have on the roster now or next season. Not saying better but have more clubs in their bags to score. Talented 1 v 1 players.

If Gavin/Martyn can get them to defend this year and win those 1-0,2-1 games he's been losing the season will be very good. Then in the fall of 2019 they will have some attackers added to the roster.

I really like the 2018 class and I believe you could see at least two day 1 starters from it. Others will help with depth and provide talent. Hash can play and is a bigger version of Cam. Who BTW has had a great career these first two years.

I know in the 2020 class they have a middle TN forward they covet that will help them. They have a good shot at landing her too.

First, 5'8" is not short.  If your daughter has scoring skills, she will likely excel in college.  The main reason I have noted UTC's size is because in watching college soccer, the play is more physical than high school/club as well as obviously being more skilled.  It seems as one's daughter progresses up the club and school ranks the successful players tend to have good physicality to complement their skills.

11 hours ago, MountainVol said:

First, 5'8" is not short.  If your daughter has scoring skills, she will likely excel in college.  The main reason I have noted UTC's size is because in watching college soccer, the play is more physical than high school/club as well as obviously being more skilled.  It seems as one's daughter progresses up the club and school ranks the successful players tend to have good physicality to complement their skills.

Short relative to the others. :) Julia and Faith are about the same height though but Julia is faster. 

Lots of talented players in the state. In Chattanooga I have followed Lane Lawrence for almost a decade. She's very good and her father was an excellent youth coach. Do you know where she's committed? I think she's one of the best 2019's in the state. She plays alot like Koumiss from Station Camp. Both are going to be steals for college coaches. Not the most hyped  but excellent players.

20 hours ago, MountainVol said:

I don't but I'll try to find out.  The problem in Chattanooga for the better players is the pull of ECNL up the road in Nashville and Knoxville.  It's  going to only be more challenging as time goes by and they see the level of soccer those girls are playing.

The Atlanta ECNL teams play in a much better conference than TSC and FC Alliance IMO. Having watched my daughter play in both leagues the overall talent is a step above  If I were in Chattanooga that's where my child would play.

The benefit of ECNL is exposure. When 150+ colleges watch you play three games in three days that's a ticket to getting noticed. 

BTW I've read the signing day articles for the local teams and UTC is just as impressive as any of them. It's going to fun watching that group of freshman next fall. 

That is a legitimate concern in Chattanooga.  Ultimately, the best of the best leave for ECNL and the remaining talent level is more D2.  This is only the first year of ECNL for Nashville and Knoxville.  As time goes by, the pull to these higher level, greater collegiate exposed programs will be tough to ignore by players pushing for scholarships..

Our daughter played for BUSA the first (and second) year of the ECNL.  It was the best decision we ever made for a variety of reasons.  Overall, the exposure was exceptional and the style of play was better preparation for college.  If UTC is pulling some players from the ECNL, they should continue to improve.