Player's Chattanooga Powerhouse

MountainVol

On 8/29/2018 at 9:29 AM, MountainVol said:

Faith has a bright future.  From the growth we are seeing from Chattanooga, this will be her last year of having too few players to complement her offensive talents.  She will likely be a scoring machine when she gets to UTC.

UTC seems to be doing well. Ive seen two games in person (AP and Lipscomb). Both were losses but UTC had several players out. I was able to see Holly Massey (Fr from GB) and the Shaw sisters. Holly is a very very good midfielder that just finds the ball constantly and Maggie Shaw is just big, fast, and talented. They are both great pickups for UTC. 

Ive also watched few games on tv. Today they lost at Furman but they controlled the 2nd half but just couldnt score. The kids played very hard though and the future looks great!! 

Will be there this Sunday to watch the game at home. 

With UTC signing seven girls in the 2019 class from TN I hope they can help next season. The trio from Knoxville is very good with size, speed, and skill. AK Anderson (Knox West) is a special talent that can play all over the field at 6’ tall. Julia in Memphis is a player I am very excited to see as are the two from middle TN (Beech and BA).

Edited by Playerscoach

On 10/1/2018 at 3:11 PM, MountainVol said:

His 19 class is well balanced with 4 offensive players and 3 defensive.  With Faith's shooting and passing prowess, she will likely be the QB of the class.

It will be interesting to see how many of the 19s can offer early contributions at UTC.  His current team is showing improvement over last year.

Lol. Faith will be lucky to get playing time with all those talented players on the team and in the 2019 class. She has a ton of work to do to be able to play with those ladies but she says shes ready to compete. Not being an elite athlete with size and speed will create a difficult road to success in college. 

On 10/6/2018 at 5:41 AM, Playerscoach said:

Not being an elite athlete with size and speed will create a difficult road to success in college. 

The problem right there with the American game. Or, in a more detailed analysis, this: https://www.starsandstripesfc.com/2018/10/3/17933046/failure-u20-womens-world-cup-symptom-bigger-ynt-problem

On 10/1/2018 at 3:11 PM, MountainVol said:

His 19 class is well balanced with 4 offensive players and 3 defensive.  With Faith's shooting and passing prowess, she will likely be the QB of the class.

It will be interesting to see how many of the 19s can offer early contributions at UTC.  His current team is showing improvement over last year.

I went to the game today at Finley. UTC beat ETSU 1-0, had 8 corner kicks, and I believe 17 shots. I am not certain but they probably had 70% possession. It was a completely dominant performance. The sophomore Arnold has 12 goals and I believe that is leading the conference?

Future looks bright. 

Edited by Playerscoach

22 hours ago, MoonDogRex said:

The problem right there with the American game. Or, in a more detailed analysis, this: https://www.starsandstripesfc.com/2018/10/3/17933046/failure-u20-womens-world-cup-symptom-bigger-ynt-problem

Interesting article, Moon.   I believe Players is underestimating his daughter's athletic ability.  Along with obvious scoring and passing ability, she has the athleticism of a multi-sport athlete.  Her greatest strength lies in her soccer knowledge and field awareness.  As the article stated, she is just the type player who will excel in college although with Booger's influence on all things UTC, it is likely her father will be banned from watching.

On 10/8/2018 at 11:41 AM, MountainVol said:

Interesting article, Moon.   I believe Players is underestimating his daughter's athletic ability.  Along with obvious scoring and passing ability, she has the athleticism of a multi-sport athlete.  Her greatest strength lies in her soccer knowledge and field awareness.  As the article stated, she is just the type player who will excel in college although with Booger's influence on all things UTC, it is likely her father will be banned from watching.

Nahh MV I am a realist. Shes not a super fast, tall, player. Her strengths are her technical ability, tactical awareness, and competitiveness. Those will hopefully be enough for her to have a fun career. 

HS is almost over. I do believe shes had as good of a career as she could have hoped for individually and has led her team to its max potential. Shes won awards, is a state record holder, 2nd in 4 other categories, and was a middle TN POY nominee. Funny thing is she was never better than 3rd in region MVP voting. Our family just kinda laughs at the politics involved there. Heck, last season she had an all time statistical season with 52 goals and 31 assists and was behind an 8th grader. The same happened this year too. Lol

Anyway, I wish you and your daughter the best in college. A new and exciting chapter is about to start and Im excited.

Edited by Playerscoach

On 10/15/2018 at 1:51 PM, MountainVol said:

That must be one impressive 8th grader!!!  I guess she already has multiple D1 offers.

UTC ends the regular season with a whimper. Tied last place VMI 2-2. Lost to UNCG 3-0. 

Had UTC won they would have been 3rd in the Southern Conference but instead they are 7th.

They were better statistically in almost evey category but finished one spot back from last year. The good news per the analysts on ESPN during their game Friday with UNCG said UTC has a very good recruiting class coming in. :) 

Edited by Playerscoach

14 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

UTC ends the regular season with a whimper. Tied last place VMI 2-2. Lost to UNCG 3-0. 

Had UTC won they would have been 3rd in the Southern Conference but instead they are 7th.

They were better statistically in almost evey category but finished one spot back from last year. The good news per the analysts on ESPN during their game Friday with UNCG said UTC has a very good recruiting class coming in. :) 

Hopefully this year's freshmen class continues to develop and can provide some offensive punch next year.  UTC's 2019 class has some high school and club level scorers.  The hope is this translates to college as the Arnold kid needs some help offensively to free her up.

I realize your team would have hoped to finish stronger in the SoCon, but there seems to be a foundation there which your daughter will only enhance.  If her offensive prowess in high school makes a smooth transition to college, UTC should have one area of concerned addressed, namely scoring goals.

Pity, though, that Booger has banned you from Chattanooga.