Player's Chattanooga Powerhouse

MountainVol

16 hours ago, MountainVol said:

I realize your team would have hoped to finish stronger in the SoCon, but there seems to be a foundation there which your daughter will only enhance.  If her offensive prowess in high school makes a smooth transition to college, UTC should have one area of concerned addressed, namely scoring goals.

Pity, though, that Booger has banned you from Chattanooga.

Haha. She moved to FC Alliance to play with three of her future college teammates so the hope is they can develop some chemistry that helps them at UTC. She scored quite a bit as the 6/8 for her ECNL team so even though its not the SoCon she is playing against top competiton. 

UTC ended the season playing their worst game of the year. They have a talented group though that was one goal away from placing 3rd in the SoCon. This incoming 2019 class led by 6’ tall AK Anderson (Knox West) and ECNL all conference Mackenzie Smithf (Harden Valley?) should provide some immediate help. 

On 10/26/2018 at 8:23 AM, MountainVol said:

Who knows?

Transitioning from high school to college is a big step.  Playing ECNL will make the move much easier as the competition would be similar to the SoCon.

Your decision to have your daughter play with future college teammates is wise.  They will develop bonds through playing and traveling together.

Saw where UTC commit Kendra Mueller had two amazing goals to lead Beech to a win in the state championship game. Congrats to her and Beech! 

With her and AK Anderson both being tall,fast, and skilled UTC is getting some scoring punch. Should be interesting to see if it helps them next season. They only lose one player and the GK and back line were all freshmen with the exception of 1 player (Muellers sister Jordan a rising Sr) plus their do everything midfielder Holly Massey(Fr). Ending the season like they did by not scoring and having Arnold score a large % of their goals makes for an interesting situation next fall with the new attack minded freshmen. 

I watched the LMU vs. Carson Newman SAC Championship game yesterday.  It was a classic, physical battle with many Tennessee high school girls playing for both teams.

Notre Dame's own Boogerette played very well and was prominently mentioned by the announcers several times.  The Coach T Ghost, a.k.a. Booger, must be proud of the effort and win.  The win guarantees Booger will be prowling the sidelines for at least one more game.

On 10/26/2018 at 8:23 AM, MountainVol said:

Who knows?

Transitioning from high school to college is a big step.  Playing ECNL will make the move much easier as the competition would be similar to the SoCon.

Your decision to have your daughter play with future college teammates is wise.  They will develop bonds through playing and traveling together.

Saw your post about the CN v LMU game. Very cool. Moody left CN to coach at USA and his first year he hired Mark Foster from Trevecca. Coach Foster got the Arkansas LR job and won the conference championship in his first year. Hes a great guy too!!!

Lastly, I got to watch the FC Alliance U18 group practice Sunday. What a great bunch of players. Lots of really good players. Faith got to play with Macenzie Smith, AK Anderson, and several other good players. I think AK is going to be a handful in college. At 6’0” tall she stands out but her speed and skill are very apparent. She is a difference maker for UTC next year IMO. I dont know where she will play but kids with all those tools dont grow on trees. Mac Smith is also a very good player IMO. Just my two cents.

21 hours ago, MountainVol said:

I wish all those players nothing but success on their journey, but it is still a big jump to college.  Playing ECNL will be a huge advantage for them.  If I remember correctly, aren't 5 of UTC's 7 commits playing ECNL somewhere?

Yep its a big jump for sure but playing the highest level of competition and training to play at that level will surely help. Five of the seven commits play ECNL and the onr player in middle TN had the option to but is taking a different training course. The one from Memphis doesnt have an ECNL club to play for but shes arguably the best player in west TN. For years she played on the same 01 team with the more heralded players and was THE standout. I know both Brentwood and TSC game planned against her only.

Looks like 11/14 is the early signing day and all seven players are expected to sign. Will be fun seeing this group on paper.

On 11/5/2018 at 2:02 PM, MountainVol said:

I watched the LMU vs. Carson Newman SAC Championship game yesterday.  It was a classic, physical battle with many Tennessee high school girls playing for both teams.

Notre Dame's own Boogerette played very well and was prominently mentioned by the announcers several times.  The Coach T Ghost, a.k.a. Booger, must be proud of the effort and win.  The win guarantees Booger will be prowling the sidelines for at least one more game.

goin up to Charlotte and takin that 3x conference champ and 14 national seed down was definately special.....they got us pretty good early in the year....definately the highlight of the year at that point....tho Boogerette scorin the goal in the semis to send them to the finals was the high from a selfish side.....was for sure a great weekend trip and a great cap on Boogerettes career at LMU to get a conference championship ring......tho as a soccer team they had a rough go at it w/ W & Ls in her first 2 years, she new that might b the case when she went.......so so many quit the sport or go home or transfer...... she has had a blast up at LMU and it has proven to b the right decision for her.....so glad she had the intellect to not over reach with her decision.....not only for soccer, but for pursuit of her medical career....

...besides if one ever gets a chance, dont sniffle at LMU...its worth a visit if a degree is in place for their child and u dont mind bein in a beautiful place in the middle of frickin nowhere....the athletic livin is sick good and way way better than any other we ever saw..and facilities are great and gettin better...and we saw a fair bunch.....granite counter tops, your own walkin closet, 1 bathroom/2 , own dish washer, washer and dryer per dorm room.....Booger ant lyin

.....Beatin CN for the second time this past sunday to get that sweet 16 seat was even better....

Booger just sayin :thumb:

I was at the 2-5 loss to CN early on.  When the keeper went down and the ref let them keep playing for quite a while with the girl on the ground and then CN takes a long shot to score, I wondered if that might come back to bite CN down the road.

2 wins in 2 weeks over CN is huge for LMU.  As the announcer said, they are the new big dogs in the SAC.

14 hours ago, MountainVol said:

I was at the 2-5 loss to CN early on.  When the keeper went down and the ref let them keep playing for quite a while with the girl on the ground and then CN takes a long shot to score, I wondered if that might come back to bite CN down the road.

2 wins in 2 weeks over CN is huge for LMU.  As the announcer said, they are the new big dogs in the SAC.

see ya there.....just hopin the LMU cheerin section can bus it down...they r the best......gonna be a serious challenge....wouldnt have it any other way though....

...lets keep this to ourselves.....Booger dont want to lose Boogers senate seat

Booger just sayin :mrgreen: