Player's Chattanooga Powerhouse

MountainVol

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2019 at 8:27 AM, MountainVol said:

Congratulations to all the award winners!

G, it looks like CPA has a bright future.

You my good friend are a huge booty kisser. Lol Lets be real here. G runs mid TN soccer so it’s no surprise some things are the way they are. No other person could show up to the sports awards show in a suit with a visor and purple sneakers and pull it off. Heck, CPA even runs the DII sports twitter page which is nice for some schools but definitely favors CPA  when getting information out there and downright ignores other things/schools and state record setting players. 

Since you mentioned the awards I’ll openly say that Kendra Mueller of Beech was the most dominant player on the field/pitch in middle TN and the fact she wasn’t listed as a finalist for POY is mind blowing. She carried her team to a state championship running by, through, and over everyone while playing like a possessed woman. I’ve never seen a bigger snub. The Williamson county love affair is alive and well. 

CPA does have a great future with essentially 11 ECNL caliber players they can put on the field. No other team in D2 A/AA can do that. I heard Wegner the GK may not play though and losing an all state caliber (even though she didn’t make the team for some weird reason) will be a tough loss. 

I look forward to seeing how the HS season plays out as a fan and not a parent. Now I don’t have to see the tens of hard fouls each game, cheap plays that injured players, coaches screaming to foul players in Spanish, unsportsmanlike ice showers on opponents fields, whining about state championship ball boys/girls, and political BS in favor of fishing of watching college soccer. Just keeping it real. 

7 hours ago, MountainVol said:

That's great you can still attend high school games.  I thought Booger permanently banned you?

G is the godfather of mid state soccer.  Watch yourself.  You may wake up with a horse head in bed with you.

You booty kisser. :roflol:

MountainVol I'm assuming you're from Signal? How will you be this season?

Edited by reaction

10 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Heck, CPA even runs the DII sports twitter page which is nice for some schools but definitely favors CPA  when getting information out there and downright ignores other things/schools and state record setting players. 

I run the TnDIIAthletics.com website and Twitter accounts on behalf of the DII-A Middle Region schools.  And while I am an assistant coach at CPA for boys and girls soccer, I go out of my way to make sure there is no appearance of favoritism or exclusion of any member school, particularly making sure not to favor CPA as I am on the coaching staff.

This is the first time I've heard a complaint along these lines from anyone.

I would be curious as to what specific examples of where the website or Twitter account "definitely favors CPA" or where other schools are "downright ignored."

The purpose of these two is very simple, to get information out related to the schools and teams which are in the Middle Region of Division II-A.

The website is updated daily with schedules, results, standings and postseason brackets for 10 sports.

The only thing re-Tweeted during the regular season are scores from district games for these 10 sports. During the postseason, brackets are posted along with re-Tweeting results in the Middle Region and at the state final XII level.  While some schools and programs are more active in posting their results than others are, if it's posted on any of the 199 accounts I follow, it gets re-Tweeted.

10 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

You my good friend are a huge booty kisser. Lol Lets be real here. G runs mid TN soccer so it’s no surprise some things are the way they are. No other person could show up to the sports awards show in a suit with a visor and purple sneakers and pull it off. Heck, CPA even runs the DII sports twitter page which is nice for some schools but definitely favors CPA  when getting information out there and downright ignores other things/schools and state record setting players. 

Since you mentioned the awards I’ll openly say that Kendra Mueller of Beech was the most dominant player on the field/pitch in middle TN and the fact she wasn’t listed as a finalist for POY is mind blowing. She carried her team to a state championship running by, through, and over everyone while playing like a possessed woman. I’ve never seen a bigger snub. The Williamson county love affair is alive and well. 

CPA does have a great future with essentially 11 ECNL caliber players they can put on the field. No other team in D2 A/AA can do that. I heard Wegner the GK may not play though and losing an all state caliber (even though she didn’t make the team for some weird reason) will be a tough loss. 

I look forward to seeing how the HS season plays out as a fan and not a parent. Now I don’t have to see the tens of hard fouls each game, cheap plays that injured players, coaches screaming to foul players in Spanish, unsportsmanlike ice showers on opponents fields, whining about state championship ball boys/girls, and political BS in favor of fishing of watching college soccer. Just keeping it real. 

1.  So, let me guess.... another passive aggressive post on a coach for not posting information on a certain daughter.

2.  So, are you saying the girl that SIGNED WITH CLEMSON doesn't deserve the award?   

11 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

unsportsmanlike ice showers on opponents fields

I apologize.  It was my 200th win and it happened 2 years ago.  It just so happened to occur at DCA.  

My assistant works extremely hard to be non biased in his postings.  Feel free to talk crap about me (I am used to it) but leave him out of it.  He spends HUNDREDS of hours updating the site with scores from teams that don't send him any info and he has to find in other ways.  It is a very "thankless" job and he has done fantastic at it (not many other HIGH SCHOOL divisions has this kind of social media presence).

We are blessed to have a lot of talent, but I remind you that just 5 years ago, we were 5-6-4.  Success ebbs and flows.  

Good luck to your daughter next year in college.  She is a very talented player.   I think she will do well.

But know this.... It's been a while since I have coached in college, but there are still a lot of fouls, cheap plays, coaches that scream in ALL kinds of languages to hurt players, a few ice baths on many fields, and a whole lot of politics.  I doubt there is any moaning about ball girls/boys in the state championship, however.  

10 minutes ago, Elmer said:

1.  So, let me guess.... another passive aggressive post on a coach for not posting information on a certain daughter.

2.  So, are you saying the girl that SIGNED WITH CLEMSON doesn't deserve the award?   

2. Did you read my post? Finalist not winner. I didn’t say she should win it. Better luck next time.

Now to #1. Not passive aggressive whatsoever. Its said in black and white. The disproportionate posts about CPA are there to see. 

58 minutes ago, JFW3 said:

I run the TnDIIAthletics.com website and Twitter accounts on behalf of the DII-A Middle Region schools.  And while I am an assistant coach at CPA for boys and girls soccer, I go out of my way to make sure there is no appearance of favoritism or exclusion of any member school, particularly making sure not to favor CPA as I am on the coaching staff.

This is the first time I've heard a complaint along these lines from anyone.

I would be curious as to what specific examples of where the website or Twitter account "definitely favors CPA" or where other schools are "downright ignored."

The purpose of these two is very simple, to get information out related to the schools and teams which are in the Middle Region of Division II-A.

The website is updated daily with schedules, results, standings and postseason brackets for 10 sports.

The only thing re-Tweeted during the regular season are scores from district games for these 10 sports. During the postseason, brackets are posted along with re-Tweeting results in the Middle Region and at the state final XII level.  While some schools and programs are more active in posting their results than others are, if it's posted on any of the 199 accounts I follow, it gets re-Tweeted.

You do a great job. Easy to find results and the bracket updates were awesome. 

• Like 1