Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

MountainVol

Player's Chattanooga Powerhouse

Recommended Posts

On 11/29/2018 at 4:24 PM, MountainVol said:

I don't know about that, Elmer.  Many a time when my wife and I have been faced with 3 hour waits at fancy restaurants in Nashville, the mere mention of the name, Playerscoach, has gotten us immediate seating and free drinks.

The man is a legend in the midstate.  That is why if Booger and he ever get together, they could announce a guaranteed successful run at the presidency.

That, my friend, would be something to see.

thanks for the kind words.....but, nope....ant hapnn...not a snowballs chance in Hillarys Dungeon.....Booger needs a conservative.....its eyether Roy Dillard or Troll for Boogers VP...or Booger stayin put

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Booger, I believe you are good to go then.  Playerscoach is one of the most conservative, straightforward people in the mid-state.  You two will make an unstoppable powerhouse of a presidency.  I do believe his first order of business would be to outlaw Elmer's glue, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MountainVol said:

Booger, I believe you are good to go then.  Playerscoach is one of the most conservative, straightforward people in the mid-state.  You two will make an unstoppable powerhouse of a presidency.  I do believe his first order of business would be to outlaw Elmer's glue, though.

I would consider Booger as my VP but I have to admit I would prefer someone taller than 5’6”. Its not a deal breaker but having a debate where the candidate has to stand on a box is not the best image. However, his ability to speak authentic frontier gibberish would be a plus for the ticket. :)

Edited by Playerscoach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2018 at 5:42 AM, MountainVol said:

That is a great offer but Golden Corral is a little above my pay grade.  I like that wonderful French restaurant, Le Arby's, or that down to earth farmer's restaurant, McDonald's, where everything is fresh from his farm.

UTC seems to have a smaller than expected roster for next year with the loss of three key multi year starters. However, the more I watch AK Anderson (West) play I am very excited to see what she will do at UTC. I dont want to predict anything but at 6’ tall with great speed and solid technical skills shes just a very special and unique player. At centerback, while different in a few ways, shes comprable to Harper White (Franklin/Clemson/USA pool player). Both are very fast, physical, and intelligent players with AK 4” taller. 

UTC will also be getting another tall, fast player in Kendra Mueller (Beech) who has great potential and IMO should be the middle TN player of the year. 

Add Julia from Memphis, Mackenzie and Avery from Knoxville and this group has a chance to contribute early. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

UTC seems to have a smaller than expected roster for next year with the loss of three key multi year starters. However, the more I watch AK Anderson (West) play I am very excited to see what she will do at UTC. I dont want to predict anything but at 6’ tall with great speed and solid technical skills shes just a very special and unique player. At centerback, while different in a few ways, shes comprable to Harper White (Franklin/Clemson/USA pool player). Both are very fast, physical, and intelligent players with AK 4” taller. 

UTC will also be getting another tall, fast player in Kendra Mueller (Beech) who has great potential and IMO should be the middle TN player of the year. 

Add Julia from Memphis, Mackenzie and Avery from Knoxville and this group has a chance to contribute early. 

Until they play a team with enough technical skill to keep the ball on the ground. Then that height and higher centers of gravity become a liability.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41818468

(And this one added as an edit -- Barcelona were the shortest team in Europe, of over 600 top-flight teams, when they were also the BEST team in Europe):

https://sabotagetimes.com/football/barca-really-are-midgets-and-other-fascinating-stat-based-insights-into-european-football

 

Edited by MoonDogRex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MoonDogRex said:

Until they play a team with enough technical skill to keep the ball on the ground. Then that height and higher centers of gravity become a liability.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41818468

(And this one added as an edit -- Barcelona were the shortest team in Europe, of over 600 top-flight teams, when they were also the BEST team in Europe):

https://sabotagetimes.com/football/barca-really-are-midgets-and-other-fascinating-stat-based-insights-into-european-football

 

How tall are Barcas centerbacks? How tall are most centerbacks? How tall are the mids at UTC? I mean, its all relative isnt it? If you possess the same speed, quickness, skill and technical ability at 6’ tall you have a unique player. One that all coaches would love to have.

My post said tall, fast, physical, AND technical. Thankfully the better teams they will play in the SoCon have no Messi level players.

BTW I watched AK Anderson absolutely handle a 5’2” super fast forward 1 v 1 yesterday in Knoxville and do the same against top flight ECNL players in many games this season. Shes just a different type of player. That was my point.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a player's skills, situational awareness, and soccer smarts are the key to a successful career.  

Certainly there are positional positives and negatives for height.  A tall mid is likely not as effective as a shorter, quicker mid.  Likewise, a 5'1" center back imposes minimal intimidation compared to one who is 6'.

Messi is short.

Renaldo is tall.

Each bring great skills to their respective teams.   The U.S. women's team has had remarkable success with both short and tall players.  UTC will be an interesting study. With 6 potential contributors 5'11" or taller, it will be fun to watch how they perform.  They will be hands down the tallest team in the SoCon.  Faith can quarterback them to a championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2019 at 11:47 AM, MountainVol said:

I think a player's skills, situational awareness, and soccer smarts are the key to a successful career.  

Certainly there are positional positives and negatives for height.  A tall mid is likely not as effective as a shorter, quicker mid.  Likewise, a 5'1" center back imposes minimal intimidation compared to one who is 6'.

Messi is short.

Renaldo is tall.

Each bring great skills to their respective teams.   The U.S. women's team has had remarkable success with both short and tall players.  UTC will be an interesting study. With 6 potential contributors 5'11" or taller, it will be fun to watch how they perform.  They will be hands down the tallest team in the SoCon.  Faith can quarterback them to a championship.

new of a 4'11", at best, CB that started every game of all 4 years of HS...that also was repeat all-stater and TFP 1st tm defender of the year at back in the rear...was highly recruited by sum to play that position in college...tho may not have survived in that CB position at that level on a possible few teams in sum conferences before alterin positions...but thinkin she did become what was a 40 game starter & not xactly sure how many games played at mainly the D spot on a team that fell 1 game short of a final 4 national championship showin......actually scored ealrly in one game from that back position gainst a team that had a showin in the national championship finals that same year......and she clipped many a wing of many Ms & Fs that were all-con & all-region selections 

tho rare as it may b or even an absolute impossible to sum...it does happen...

..as mountainvol nose & laid witness himself...and hopin your new year is off to great start sir

Booger just sayin :thumb:

... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...