District 10A Tournament

The Consultant

16 hours ago, karl98 said:

I'm glad Consultant is back I thought maybe he had took his ball and went home!

I was hoping karl98 was boycotting this thread since he could careless about 10A and continues to post hear say while obviously living in the past. 1997 must be a touchy subject for him. Sounds like a victim. 

Edited by The Consultant

1 minute ago, rufus said:

Hard to fathom that Tssaa continues to allow ca to remain in 10a in spite of years of factual data provided by unidentifiable sources proving their wrongdoings.  I smell collusive activity.  Russia??

How has wrong doings been identified? There has never been any type of suspensions, bands, or punishments. Just bc a parent or another source from another school throws out false allegations doesn't mean wrong doings ID by TSSAA. 

7 hours ago, The Consultant said:

I was hoping karl98 was boycotting this thread since he could careless about 10A and continues to post hear say while obviously living in the past. 1997 must be a touchy subject for him. Sounds like a victim. 

I think Consultant is posting hear say! I played AA ball and graduated way before 1997. Can't be a victim of a recruited 1997 CA team when I wasn't no longer in school. Everybody knows what CA does stop pretending you don't know what is going on Consultant? 

I had a child go to Santa Fe the years that Culleoka were stacked and they were accused of the same thing. Were they recruiting? Don`t know. But just about all the teams in the District were tough. That was the mid 2000`s.

From a history lesson from the resent past (that I was wittness to) if a school is doing this the parents at that school that have sent their children there from kindergarten up to high school will act sooner than TSSAA will. When their child doesn`t make a sports team or doesn`t start because of a child that  gets brought in during the "High School Years" these people stop supporting the school with their money or even go as far as to send that child or remaining children to another school. These "Recruited Players" never bring any future support to the school so I feel they are more of a burden in the long run.

If this is happening at CA I think the parents will take care of it. It may take a little time (sorry to say), but if the money stops coming in to support their programs the administration will make the change.

AS far as the other schools not willing to play them in the District I kind of understand it, but not enough to duck them until playoffs. Playing the good teams during your season only makes you better (and if you got a good coaching staff that can capitalize from the outcome).

As far as them going to DII, if I couldn`t get my district foes to play me I think I would have scheduled as many games as possible against schools like MBA, Father Ryan, BA, Ensworth, etc. It would make their travel schedule a lot closer, the quality of play is good.

I have seen CA play one game this year and that was against Grace Christian in Franklin, they were ok but not as good as the team they had in the mid 2000s that Brent Hill played on.

The Consultant...never got reply so let me add a little more.  

#1 you said Facilities and fundraising - You say go out and raise it...How can PUBLIC schools like Richland, Mt Pleasant, Santa Fe, Culleoka, Summertown, Hampshire, Frank Hughes raise the money that a school like CA can...They don't have an "ANDERSON" to build a 5-10 million dollar facility.  Heck most of these schools don't have a too many "major" businesses in their immediate area, let alone people who have money to give to build a big huge gym.  As far as fundraising, most of them do plenty of it, most of them hit up the same small group of people, who live in communities that have the majority of their students on "free lunch programs" so their kids can get a decent meal.  I would love to see the last time a kid at CA didn't have electricity in their house, or a hole in the roof, or multiple mattresses on the floor in one room to sleep on because they had more than one family in the same house because they couldn't afford it, etc.  (I know not all kids are like this, but even if 25% of public school kids were in this situation, how can you even as a "Christian" school think the playing fields are even?)

#2 you said AAU and camps - How many AAU teams played in the old gym?  How many AAU teams would want to go to travel to Richland, Santa Fe, Culleoka, Summertown, Hampshire, Frank Hughes, to practice and use those facilities compared to using CA's in the middle of a pretty good size town?  Granted some of your public coaches are lazy and wouldn't do it, but a lot of your small public schools don't even have full coaching staffs (Can't find enough coaches on staff to give stipends to, because those schools hire teachers that fit what they need or have open, not hire a coach and then let him teach Bible, PE, etc...if he even teaches at a private school)

#3 you said Natural Rivals that are close...here are some locations and teams you played 

Football - Non Region (Nashville Christian, Lipscomb, FRA, and Spring Hill - 3 of 4 private)

Basketball - (Middle Tn Ch, FRA, Grace, Goodpasture, Ezell, Madison Academy (AL), Lipscomb, Franklin Christian, Lighthouse Christian, Nashville Central Christian, Riverside Christian - 25 games and 13 Private and 12 Public - till tournament time)

Baseball - Playing (Grace, BGA, Nash Ch, Mid TN Ch, Davidson Academy, Friendship, Donelson, Goodpasture and then Loretto, Summertown, Spring Hill, Lewis, Waverly, Cascade)

If you Honestly look at it from these stand points, there is NO WAY a small public like the ones I mentioned at the beginning can compete year in year out with CA now.  (They could maybe to some extreme BEFORE when CA enrollment was more like Zions, or before CA facilities became more of the typical private school facilities, etc.)  Heck 10 to 15 years ago CA had never won a football region, and then all of a sudden, they start going DEEP into the A play-offs then the AA-play-offs.  In Basketball they had a good year or two, but all of a sudden they are winning region and district Championships year after year, same for baseball, softball, tennis, boys and girls soccer. 

If you believe it is equal between public and private schools and it's just because your kids work harder, then PLEASE explain how you do it...we want to model it at our small PUBLIC school.  (Heck I might even sell the formula to other public schools in the US and make enough for our little public school to build a new stadium/gym like CA has...)  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Raiderforlife said:

The Consultant...never got reply so let me add a little more.  

#1 you said Facilities and fundraising - You say go out and raise it...How can PUBLIC schools like Richland, Mt Pleasant, Santa Fe, Culleoka, Summertown, Hampshire, Frank Hughes raise the money that a school like CA can...They don't have an "ANDERSON" to build a 5-10 million dollar facility.  Heck most of these schools don't have a too many "major" businesses in their immediate area, let alone people who have money to give to build a big huge gym.  As far as fundraising, most of them do plenty of it, most of them hit up the same small group of people, who live in communities that have the majority of their students on "free lunch programs" so their kids can get a decent meal.  I would love to see the last time a kid at CA didn't have electricity in their house, or a hole in the roof, or multiple mattresses on the floor in one room to sleep on because they had more than one family in the same house because they couldn't afford it, etc.  (I know not all kids are like this, but even if 25% of public school kids were in this situation, how can you even as a "Christian" school think the playing fields are even?)

#2 you said AAU and camps - How many AAU teams played in the old gym?  How many AAU teams would want to go to travel to Richland, Santa Fe, Culleoka, Summertown, Hampshire, Frank Hughes, to practice and use those facilities compared to using CA's in the middle of a pretty good size town?  Granted some of your public coaches are lazy and wouldn't do it, but a lot of your small public schools don't even have full coaching staffs (Can't find enough coaches on staff to give stipends to, because those schools hire teachers that fit what they need or have open, not hire a coach and then let him teach Bible, PE, etc...if he even teaches at a private school)

#3 you said Natural Rivals that are close...here are some locations and teams you played 

Football - Non Region (Nashville Christian, Lipscomb, FRA, and Spring Hill - 3 of 4 private)

Basketball - (Middle Tn Ch, FRA, Grace, Goodpasture, Ezell, Madison Academy (AL), Lipscomb, Franklin Christian, Lighthouse Christian, Nashville Central Christian, Riverside Christian - 25 games and 13 Private and 12 Public - till tournament time)

Baseball - Playing (Grace, BGA, Nash Ch, Mid TN Ch, Davidson Academy, Friendship, Donelson, Goodpasture and then Loretto, Summertown, Spring Hill, Lewis, Waverly, Cascade)

If you Honestly look at it from these stand points, there is NO WAY a small public like the ones I mentioned at the beginning can compete year in year out with CA now.  (They could maybe to some extreme BEFORE when CA enrollment was more like Zions, or before CA facilities became more of the typical private school facilities, etc.)  Heck 10 to 15 years ago CA had never won a football region, and then all of a sudden, they start going DEEP into the A play-offs then the AA-play-offs.  In Basketball they had a good year or two, but all of a sudden they are winning region and district Championships year after year, same for baseball, softball, tennis, boys and girls soccer. 

If you believe it is equal between public and private schools and it's just because your kids work harder, then PLEASE explain how you do it...we want to model it at our small PUBLIC school.  (Heck I might even sell the formula to other public schools in the US and make enough for our little public school to build a new stadium/gym like CA has...)  

Well said!! Consultant is still in this fantasy world where he feels district teams are all equal. Columbia Academy just outworks everyone year in and year out. The other district teams just aren't willing to put in the time and effort. Put Goodpasture, Cpa, FRA, and Father Ryan in their district and watch CA whine. This all comes down to winning!! Let's get real!

• Like 1