District 10A Tournament

The Consultant

11 hours ago, The Consultant said:

Again it's not CA's fault the other schools can't beat 3A schools. . It's not CA's fault that the other schools are not good at sports. It's that schools fault. Perfect... ask yourself why is there such a drop off at Mt. Pleasant? The football teams and baseball teams were great at one time. I believe the baseball team was runner up in the state 3 times. What has happened? I guess it's CA's fault. Summertown is always good or very competitive. Why can't the small Maury Schools do the same? Bc they don't want it bad enough... they want things handed to them.

It doesn't matter how badly you want to be good if there is no talent there. Small schools are going to have a few good years when they have some good classes of kids and then they will fall off when there is no talent. CA can bypass this problem to a certain extent because they can attract more than just kids from the local middle school. I have coached and seen some really good and some really bad teams. I can assure you that we worked just as hard or harder when we weren't very good. I just don't buy CA's reasoning for staying in D1. Many of your arguments against the small Maury County schools could be applied to CA trying to avoid playing with ALL OF THE OTHER PRIVATE SCHOOLS. CPA faced the same criticisms for the way their Boys' Basketball program was run. All of those criticisms disappeared when they moved to D1. Why does CA seem so determined to stay D1 if it isn't about having a competitive advantage over their opposition? Don't give me the same old natural rivals bs or the travel costs excuse. Please enlighten us with the truth.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mumbletypeg said:

It doesn't matter how badly you want to be good if there is no talent there. Small schools are going to have a few good years when they have some good classes of kids and then they will fall off when there is no talent. CA can bypass this problem to a certain extent because they can attract more than just kids from the local middle school. I have coached and seen some really good and some really bad teams. I can assure you that we worked just as hard or harder when we weren't very good. I just don't buy CA's reasoning for staying in D1. Many of your arguments against the small Maury County schools could be applied to CA trying to avoid playing with ALL OF THE OTHER PRIVATE SCHOOLS. CPA faced the same criticisms for the way their Boys' Basketball program was run. All of those criticisms disappeared when they moved to D1. Why does CA seem so determined to stay D1 if it isn't about having a competitive advantage over their opposition? Don't give me the same old natural rivals bs or the travel costs excuse. Please enlighten us with the truth.

It does matter but you have crap coaches with crap admins and AD's kids who care about sports transfer out of the schools and that don't just leave for some where like CA. Let me clarify that so someone don't jump on here saying they leave to go to CA. They leave for their best option. Central, Spring Hill, CA, Summertown, etc.... 

Consultant,

Can you honestly tell me that "No Athlete" at Columbia Academy is getting any financial help from anyone and that "EVERY" athlete is having his tuition paid for by parents who work a legitimate 9-5 job or jobs?  I know you will have some whose parents may work an extra job to find the financial means to send them, but when it comes to that question, are ANY of them working these extra jobs for people who have ties to CA.  

1 hour ago, Raiderforlife said:

Consultant,

Can you honestly tell me that "No Athlete" at Columbia Academy is getting any financial help from anyone and that "EVERY" athlete is having his tuition paid for by parents who work a legitimate 9-5 job or jobs?  I know you will have some whose parents may work an extra job to find the financial means to send them, but when it comes to that question, are ANY of them working these extra jobs for people who have ties to CA.  

I'll say this... I have very close ties with a players family from a few years back that was District MVP in Basketball twice, All Region Football and All District Baseball and I can promise you 100% without a doubt tell you that the players tuition was paid for by his family and there was NO, NONE, ZERO financial assistance. All the other schools have this mind set that if a great athlete is at CA his tuition is paid. It's not the case and it's an old argument.

Raiderforlife are you a Richland Fan? 

22 hours ago, karl98 said:

I think Columbia Academy would beat Brentwood Academy this year in boys basketball. That's because they work harder. Also, they really know how to fundraise for their programs. 

The only way to find out is to play them. Would have been a great match up between two teams.

BA also still has an open date for football on their 2018 schedule too. They do schedule a few D1 games on their schedule.

Just asking, did you see BA play this year? 

Edited by LastBallerStanding

17 hours ago, The Consultant said:

I'll say this... I have very close ties with a players family from a few years back that was District MVP in Basketball twice, All Region Football and All District Baseball and I can promise you 100% without a doubt tell you that the players tuition was paid for by his family and there was NO, NONE, ZERO financial assistance. All the other schools have this mind set that if a great athlete is at CA his tuition is paid. It's not the case and it's an old argument.

Raiderforlife are you a Richland Fan? 

How about that point guard who left Mt. Pleasant Middle for CA? Was 100 percent of his tuition paid by his parents?

16 hours ago, karl98 said:

I don't believe that. 

Of course you don't. You disagree with everything I say.

But what are you saying? You saying his family can't afford it? Why is that? Do you know them? What are you making your judgement off of? Explain please? 

Edited by The Consultant

1 hour ago, The Consultant said:

Of course you don't. You disagree with everything I say.

But what are you saying? You saying his family can't afford it? Why is that? Do you know them or are you making your judgement off looks? 

Consultant, plenty public school employees know their students financial situation.  Many particitate on these boards. You might want to think what you are asking through.  It is a clean program,  but as in any public or private program, it isn't perfect and things happen.

Edited by BobBBucks

As a former student athlete at Columbia Academy, I certainly had no one offer to pay my tuition.  Of all my friends who were student athletes, none of them had their tuition paid. The people who switched from other schools, they didn't get their tuition paid.  The majority of the good athletes at CA now, are siblings of people I went to high school with, I remember a lot these athletes now when they were running around at CA's elementary school.  

At this point, I have been graduated for close to 10 years, and to be honest, I wouldn't have a problem saying if i knew we recruiting, if I believed we were.  Could things have changed? sure, but I doubt it just from what I said above.