District 10A Tournament

The Consultant

Any truth to the rumor that MP is pushing for the rezone, hoping to steal enough players to start a soccer team?                      Any idea how many Summertown teams (girls&boys) made it to or through sectionals in the last ten years?     Football will be there soon enough

• Like 1

20 hours ago, maurycountyhoops said:

CA won- I'm over it

Work on skill development - Done

Interest in program- Done

Start kids at young age- Done

Stress Fundamentals -Done

Spend time in gym- Done

Now all I need is my PUBLIC school to purchase a few small buses to send to a couple of different counties and Spring Hill to shuffle in student athletes and then and only then we are all on a LEVEL playing field! 

There ya go. That's all you need. Just a few extra buses to transport elementary aged kids and that will solve your athletics issues. No one was complaining when Culleoka was good when Slatten was there, Mt Pleasant/Richland went to state in the same year. Pick and choose and you'll always find an excuse. Put in the time and effort to improve facilities, demand hard work from the athletes, expect discipline, and play someone with a winning record and I promise you'll see a difference.

On 2/21/2018 at 11:42 AM, maurycountyhoops said:

I agree 100%. When a kid is on the free lunch program at a public school, it just seems shocking that their family is somehow able to afford $8,000 for yearly tution and they just happen to be a great athlete too? Anybody with a brain knows what's going on. Most people don't realize this isn't the first time that public schools have chosen not to play Columbia Academy. It happened in the mid 90's when they allegedly recruited basketball players from Hohenwald. 

Again, they fired their Jr high softball coach last year after recruiting allegations surfaced. Coincidence of timing? I think not. It's okay though because their time is coming. The TSSAA will force them to move to Division II here in the near future and join school just like themselves.

I find it absolutely hilarious that a private school who refuses to join the TMSAA, a private school who BUS in kids from outside the county, wants to blame the public schools who cannot BUS kids in from other counties. Keyword BUS. Instead, they want to play the poor, pitiful victim. It's comical. 

Will they win the region like they did in the district? Absolutely.  Will they win sub-state and return to Murfreesboro? Absolutely. Will they choke and lose in the state tournament again? Absolutely. Congratulations. You won a district, region and Sub-State against all public schools (who don't BUS in students from other Counties) and not a single school like themselves! I mean why would they want to leave Division I? They have it made right where they are at....but they're the poor, little victims in all of this.

CA lost the Region last season to Loretto and did so a few years before that. 

No one discusses Giles County is open enrollment County so a student can live at the front door of GCHS but attend Richland. Maury County kids attend schools they are not zoned for each year.

The CA coach that got "fired" is still employed by the school.

Getting mad that CA won't join TMSAA is ridiculous. All the other Maury Schools just joined with the last year or two and its not certain that all schools have joined since only one school attended the TMSAA State Sectional. 

CA shouldn't be blamed for the lack of success for the other schools. 

10A Girls Overall Basketball Record
W 40 L 80
Maury Schools W 22 L 73

10A Boys Overall Basketball Record W 34 L 84
Maury Schools W 21 L 72

Time for MCPS board to dig deep into each schools admin, AD's, coaches & sports programs. CA shouldn't be blamed for 145 loses.

When all the other MCPS can advance past the first round of Region Tournament play then CA can be made fun of for supposely choking in the state tournament. 

Edited by The Consultant

22 hours ago, maurycountyhoops said:

CA won- I'm over it

Work on skill development - Done

Interest in program- Done

Start kids at young age- Done

Stress Fundamentals -Done

Spend time in gym- Done

Now all I need is my PUBLIC school to purchase a few small buses to send to a couple of different counties and Spring Hill to shuffle in student athletes and then and only then we are all on a LEVEL playing field! 

Most kids that ride those buses are elementary age. I'm sure they weren't recruited.

I would like to hear the off season workouts each of these schools do like conditioning and weight training. I've heard so many stories of kids quiting bc they have to run during season practice so I'm sure they wouldn't even show up for off season requirements but then again I'm sure most these schools don't do much out of season approved by TSSAA practices, conditioning or weight training. 

Edited by The Consultant

Summertown is a great example. Located on the Maury County line. The school is competitive at all sports. The basketball program has a rich history and the baseball team makes regular trips to the state tournament. 

A problem in one particular MCPS. If the AD has been on the job for 10-15 years with most sports teams having losing records regularly year and year out much less never winning championships with the programs not growing, making improvements, fundraising low, hiring bad coaches, etc... that is a problem. It is time for a change. 

Let's get to the real difference  between Columbia Academy and the other public schools in the district  $$$$$. Let's compare Columbia Academy's facility to other public schools in their district. Also the $$$ and resources to hold youth camps and AAU practice at their nice facility to recruit and attract potential players. 

Let's get to the real difference  between Columbia Academy and the other public schools in the district  $$$$$. Let's compare Columbia Academy's facility to other public schools in their district. Also the $$$ and resources to hold youth camps and AAU practice at their nice facility to recruit and attract potential players. 

5 hours ago, karl98 said:

Excuses excuses excuses... it's all that is posted here. Any school could host AAU or what not. Maybe the schools should have more of an open door policy. As far as "$$$$$" maybe the schools should fundraise instead of waiting on hand outs. People do realize that student tutuion at CA goes toward employee payroll and other bills. 

Edited by The Consultant

15 minutes ago, The Consultant said:

Excuses excuses excuses... it's all that is posted here. Any school could host AAU or what not. Maybe the schools should have more if an open door policy. As far as "$$$$$" maybe the schools should fundraise instead of waiting on hand outs. People do realize that student tutuion at CA goes toward employee payroll and other bills. 

Excuses? Why doesn't CA join schools like themselves? Why are they so hellbent on staying Division I?  It's not like there are 20 or 30 private schools staying Division I, instead it's less than 5, in the entire state! 

1 hour ago, The Consultant said:

Excuses excuses excuses... it's all that is posted here. Any school could host AAU or what not. Maybe the schools should have more if an open door policy. As far as "$$$$$" maybe the schools should fundraise instead of waiting on hand outs. People do realize that student tutuion at CA goes toward employee payroll and other bills. 

Excuses is what I am hearing why they don't want to compete with schools that operate the way they do. I'm sure Columbia Academy fundraised and sold a few candy bars for that new stadium. And who is on that school payroll? Parents of athletes to help off set tuition? You mentioned other bills? Paying for work study does that fall under other bills? Please give me more details on other bills. What bills need to be paid on the athletic side? This is getting good.

10 hours ago, The Consultant said:

CA lost the Region last season to Loretto and did so a few years before that. 

No one discusses Giles County is open enrollment County so a student can live at the front door of GCHS but attend Richland. Maury County kids attend schools they are not zoned for each year.

The CA coach that got "fired" is still employed by the school.

Getting mad that CA won't join TMSAA is ridiculous. All the other Maury Schools just joined with the last year or two and its not certain that all schools have joined since only one school attended the TMSAA State Sectional. 

CA shouldn't be blamed for the lack of success for the other schools. 

10A Girls Overall Basketball Record
W 40 L 80
Maury Schools W 22 L 73

10A Boys Overall Basketball Record W 34 L 84
Maury Schools W 21 L 72

Time for MCPS board to dig deep into each schools admin, AD's, coaches & sports programs. CA shouldn't be blamed for 145 loses.

When all the other MCPS can advance past the first round of Region Tournament play then CA can be made fun of for supposely choking in the state tournament. 

Congratulations the guy is still employed, but why was he removed from coaching? Because of recruiting maybe? Maury County Schools meet with CA, confront them and the guy is suddenly removed as coach. Answer this, wouldn't you say that timing was pretty incredible or an admission of guilt? If there wasn't any recruiting happening why was he relieved of his coaching duties right after the accusations from the public schools?

Edited by maurycountyhoops