District 10A Tournament

The Consultant

1 hour ago, The Consultant said:

I'm not sure where you get your enrollment #'s but you are completely wrong. CA has 173 students 9 through 12th grade and 577 Kinderdarden through 12th.

Goodpasture 346 9-12

If I need to get the rest for you I will. 

Natural rivalries is within the county! 

TSSAA website. Enrollment numbers are for last year as that was the last time schools reclassified and almost all of the privates moved to DII. I guess those TSSAA figures are wrong and "The Consultant's" figures are more accurate. Those "natural rivals" have clearly expressed their opinions on maintaining the "rivalry" with CA.  Here is how it works for public schools- you turn in enrollment #'s, TSSAA places you in a district(many of which could have schools twice your size within that district), and you play the next 4 years in that district whether you like it or not. Rivalries, travel costs, and equitable enrollment are not a major concern to TSSAA.

Edited by mumbletypeg

5 hours ago, The Consultant said:

So do public school pay the parents who work the concessions? 

I'll just keep educating since you obviously need it. No discounts on tuition.

To retort to the C of C comment which is ridiculous is like asking if every public school kid believes in pray, saying the Pledge Of  Allegiance, and standing for National Anthem. 

Since Consultant refuses to answer my question whether parents of athletes are on the payroll I'll take it as yes. And no the public schools I know don't pay parents of athletes to work the concession stands. Teachers and school staff work the concession stands. 

You say I need to be educated and that's actually quite funny! Lol 

And remember travel was such a concern this year why Columbia Academy wanted to stay division 1 that they scheduled an away game with Humboldt! Lol

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, karl98 said:

Since Consultant refuses to answer my question whether parents of athletes are on the payroll I'll take it as yes. And no the public schools I know don't pay parents of athletes to work the concession stands. Teachers and school staff work the concession stands. 

You say I need to be educated and that's actually quite funny! Lol 

And remember travel was such a concern this year why Columbia Academy wanted to stay division 1 that they scheduled an away game with Humboldt! Lol

Parents of athletes on the payroll? Yes. Is that an issue? Now a parent can't teach or coach at a school that their child attends? Is this another Public School rule? I mean I know this also happens in public schools also. What does a parent of an athlete have to do with the price of beans? NOTHING!!!

I'm not saying teams don't travel but the DII regions are ridiculous. No true rivalries. 

LOL LOL LOL... quite funny. Your arguments are quite funny!

8 hours ago, karl98 said:

Lol good luck with your new rivalries  Franklin Road Academy, Goodpasture, and CPA in your new region. No more Hampshire, Culleoka, and Santa Fe. Why are y'all so hellbent on not playing in a league with other private schools? 

Why does everyone keep saying y'all? I may or may not have any connection to the school. Either way I'm just realistic and see that this effort by 10A/Maury County Schools is ridiculous and shows signs of cowards. Scared to compete.

Your post kind of pokes fun at Hampshire, Santa Fe and Culleoka so I'm assuming you are probably from MTP or Richland. Either way it doesn't matter. Here's a question why didn't everyone cry years back when Cully had all those Columbia boys attend the school and they were dominating while making the State Tournament one year. They had a pretty good 2 or 3 year stretch under Slatten. I guess those guys weren't recruited. Wasn't much complaining either bc they were beating CA also. 

Good luck to all the 10A/Maury Schools on blaming all their losing on others rather than looking into their internal issues at each individual school and continuing a tradition of mediocracy. Maybe each year if they can advance to the Region actually giving the other District teams a good game or if not maybe they can receive participation trophies. 

8 hours ago, The Consultant said:

Why does everyone keep saying y'all? I may or may not have any connection to the school. Either way I'm just realistic and see that this effort by 10A/Maury County Schools is ridiculous and shows signs of cowards. Scared to compete.

Your post kind of pokes fun at Hampshire, Santa Fe and Culleoka so I'm assuming you are probably from MTP or Richland. Either way it doesn't matter. Here's a question why didn't everyone cry years back when Cully had all those Columbia boys attend the school and they were dominating while making the State Tournament one year. They had a pretty good 2 or 3 year stretch under Slatten. I guess those guys weren't recruited. Wasn't much complaining either bc they were beating CA also. 

Good luck to all the 10A/Maury Schools on blaming all their losing on others rather than looking into their internal issues at each individual school and continuing a tradition of mediocracy. Maybe each year if they can advance to the Region actually giving the other District teams a good game or if not maybe they can receive participation trophies. 

If you keep sticking up for Columbia Academy and give excuses why they shouldn't play with other private schools Im going to say ya'll. This is not about being scared to compete. This is about a level playing field. It could also be looked at that Columbia Academy is being scared to compete against schools that operate like them. I'm not from Maury County or Giles County and I could care less who wins district 10a. I just know what's wrong and what's right. I can't speak about the Culleoka situation but from my info those boys were definitely recruited and should have been turned in. That situation has nothing to do with Columbia Academy though very similar when Columbia Academy in 1997 recruited those kids from Lewis County. Except Culleoka pulled kids from within Maury County and Columbia Academy went outside the county. However, I do feel Maury County Schools can do a much better job with their athletics. Didn't the Maury County Athletic Director leave like half way in the year? I guarantee you he left for a reason.

The Consultant...I would say 98-99% of the kids who have played sports at Columbia Academy were legal (as per TSSAA  - but they were on work study or parents were given jobs on campus to do things so their kids could attend there which WAS legal at the time)  The exception would be probably the 1997 basketball kids, and I would say some kids in football, softball, and basketball since then that make up the other 1-2% are kids who legally meet TSSAA requirements that their parents / legal guardians make the payments...but...I would say they got money from people associated with the school in some capacity - alumni, boosters, own kids playing on team, etc that "GAVE" or made available the money for them to attend the school and the administration either didn't know about it, or they just never questioned how they could pay their tuition based on income. 

I would also say, having one of the best facilities in 1A and 2A doesn't hurt either.  (Very, very, very nice)  They haven't always been like that, and I would say there is some correlation between their facilities and their recent success.  (They were so far behind a lot of the other private schools, and I would say they wouldn't stand out as much against other private schools if they were in DII as much as they do against 1A schools in DI.)  

The other reason they have had some recent success (within past 10 years) is the recruiting that was done by so many elementary parents to get kids there at the Elementary Level in football.  By the way thinks it is interesting that one of them is now a varsity assistant  at Columbia Academy.   Also, think interesting they wouldn't join the middle school association, and had a player that was ruled ineligible this year because he repeated a middle school grade at CA that had no bearing on him in Middle School, but thankfully the TSSAA caught it when they could had control of the situation when he moved up to TSSAA.  And he is a STUD!!!

Just my opinion and I would bet you that 95-99% of the students there that are playing sports are doing it legally as far as financially...but there is NO WAY 100% of the athletes parents are paying tuition solely from income they earn and nobody is helping them in any way.  

Like most schools who are 1A, athletes come in spurts because they can only draw from, on average, a 10 mile radius. You may have a good stretch of 5 to 9 year but the pool of athletes you draw from is just too small to maintain year in and year out success over a long period of time. Now if 1A schools were able to bus all over middle Tennessee and northern Alabama and invite 8th graders from all over to tour their facility and offer jobs to their parents, then yes, I think a 1A school could build a dynasty.

54 minutes ago, Football4L said:

Like most schools who are 1A, athletes come in spurts because they can only draw from, on average, a 10 mile radius. You may have a good stretch of 5 to 9 year but the pool of athletes you draw from is just too small to maintain year in and year out success over a long period of time. Now if 1A schools were able to bus all over middle Tennessee and northern Alabama and invite 8th graders from all over to tour their facility and offer jobs to their parents, then yes, I think a 1A school could build a dynasty.

Exactly, well said!

3 hours ago, Football4L said:

oh geez