6AAA

icecube

On 2/9/2018 at 10:11 AM, icecube said:

Stone wins it all

So you are telling me that a team that went 2-23 overall and 1-14 in the district last year that gave up 250 runs and only scored 57 runs all season is going to win the entire district this year? WOW is all i can say. Unless they had a whole new team move in I don't see them moving up much if any in the standings. I watched them play last year and they were not very good! I see the top 3 as Warren, Cookeville and White County then rhea and Stone fighting for the bottom. White county will probably surprise a lot of folks this year with only 3 seniors on the team and 1 of them is a Pitcher only and one of the others will see limited action. they are packed full of talented Juniors that are hungry for a district title   

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, 90warrior said:

White co is loaded this year. 

less than a year ago you all were trying to get rid of your coach!!!

WarriorFan2017 replied to redbluebaseball's topic in Baseball

I am aWhite County Warrior baseball fan thru and thru, But the time has come for the coaching staff to be replaced! There has been too much talent go thru that system in the past several years and there is way too much talent there now to be sitting in 4th place i

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2018 at 10:11 AM, icecube said:

Stone wins it all

So i was just looking at the games played so far this year and Stone is 0-2, They got beat by Upperman 11 to 1 who i have heard only has about 15 players on there team total and 3 of the best players quit to join the Fishing team and then they lost to a good Warren county team 10 to 0. So if they are going to win it all this year they better get started scoring some runs and winning some games. My guess is they will be cellar dewellers again this season. We will see how good they are when the Warriors come to town next Tuesday the 20th 

• 3 weeks later...

No bashing here just curious.  I have not seen Warren County play this year any, I know typically they have a strong program year after year.  I may have missed a tread about the previous coach being fired if I did then thats my mistake, I am a little confused on the firing.  From everything I had read and from the outside looking in he had been semi successful there, he had winning records, made it to the region tournament multiple years and sub state appearance once if I am not mistaken.  As I check the scores on here I recently noticed that Warren County has a losing record so far this season, is this a weaker Warren County team?  Is their schedule packed with tough teams? Are they just not putting it together right now? or is this a reflection on the hiring of the new coach?  Just wasn't sure if this was expected or if this is something that is coming back to hurt them?  If there are any Warren county people that can enlighten me on this topic I would appreciate it.  Thanks.

Former coach did have success with a couple of 20+ win seasons and a sub state appearance.  I guess his ousting was somewhat expected, since he was from out of state and not a buddy of a buddy, or something like that.  It's just that not many programs get rid of a coach after a 23 win season.  I don't know the reasoning and really don't care.  So far, this sub par season seems to be a reflection of many things.