6AAA

icecube

On 1/29/2019 at 10:54 AM, WarriorFan2017 said:

I will say top 3 are White, Warren, Cookeville. With White and Warren battling for 1 and 2 and Cookeville a solid 3, Rhea 4  and Stone at the bottom. Lets have some good conversation on how people think this will play out... And GO

Warren would be the odds-on favorite if egos were held in check and players weren’t dismissed for silly reasons.

Edited by GoPats2019

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2019 at 9:28 AM, baseball931 said:

Monday and Tuesday district games open up who do you have to win?

Cookeville vs Rhea co.

Stone Memorial vs White co.

Cookeville beat Rhea 3-0 in cookeville and Rhea beat cookeville in Rhea County 4 to 3

and White county wins 2 over stone 13 to 3 in Sparta and 11 to 0 in Crossville.

After a flurry of early games here is what I see. Hard to know what will happen this year but I think Warren wins fairly easily. This district has never been that weak. Cookeville is young but they have a shot because they have Butch - not only the dean of coaches, but the best by far. Rhea has a couple of good pitchers but don't hit or field real well yet. Stone is Stone. White is typical - has some good players but just can't get it done. Warren has the best returning talent and a couple of rising young players. Powers inherited a winning program with the best set of arms Warren had seen in years. They have played a good schedule but don't hit or field real well yet. It will be good enough to win district but mainly because the district is just not very good this year. Would not have fared very well against recent teams from Cookeville, Rhea, Coffee before they decided to run off Chase Jones, White when they had pitching lead by a College World Series participant at Tennessee Tech and previous Warren teams. And the representatives from the district  will have a shot at regionals because 5aaa teams are currently a shadow of recent years. Teams can grow over the year, so this should be interesting.

I agree Pioneers12 - they will have to step it up. But I do believe that is testimony to my contention about how weak this district is that I think they will win. The unknown? Just never count out Butch and his Cavaliers. And Rhea has a couple of pitchers than can shut a team down. And will Warren let their seniors (they are all good kids) lead them and be a team.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...