6AAA

icecube

Why did Cookeville get a #1 seed? I believe the reasons are many. I posted earlier about the district being the weakest I have seen in many years and I believe it has played out that way, except I thought Warren County would win easily - though losing district MVP (not official yet) and leader Brooks Helton certainly hurt the Pioneers. Maybe more importantly, the Cavaliers have two things - the best program and coach. Butch just gets the most out of his players and even when it looks like they are reloading. Warren County was resurrected from the ashes and became a contender and was building towards the same kind of program Cookeville has until the principal decided to upend the most consistent winning sport at the school. So Cookeville stands alone above the district for the time being even when the talent is not as good as others.

3 hours ago, baseball931 said:

Who wins tonight Stone or Rhea? Who do you think will win tournament?

Rhea does in a close game, I am going to say 8 to 6. 

Cookeville will be the favorite going in, But don't count out Sparta or McMinnville, They are playing good baseball right now and have the pitching to beat cookeville. I think Sparta makes a run for the first time in a VERY LONG time, and surprises a lot of people

Here are my predictions for Warren district honorees. MVP Brooks Helton. Also on first team outfielder Ethan Smith and catcher/infielder Ryland Holder. 2nd team: 1st baseman Will Cantrell, pitcher Dylan Ward and shortstop Hunter Adams. Possible consideration Trace Adcock.

16 hours ago, WarriorFan2017 said:

Rhea does in a close game, I am going to say 8 to 6. 

Cookeville will be the favorite going in, But don't count out Sparta or McMinnville, They are playing good baseball right now and have the pitching to beat cookeville. I think Sparta makes a run for the first time in a VERY LONG time, and surprises a lot of people

White County is not playing good baseball right now, If you look at their schedule they have lost 5 out of their last 7 games and 2 of those are to 8AA teams.  They have the team and pitching to take care of warren county but if they actually will do it is the question.

7 hours ago, baseball931 said:

Cookeville wins district. Does either Cookeville or Warren have a chance against Bradley or Soddy?

Soddy beat Warren 10-7 earlier this year with Warren making 7 errors so no telling, it would have been nice to see Warren play this year with Jack Keele playing and no injuries