Region updates

Bump11

8 minutes ago, goblue1 said:

Thank you. It seems like every thread on here gets off topic and turns into people going back and forth complaining about something that should have its own thread. Looks like there were some great region tournaments its too bad those are not being discussed. I can tell you region 7 tournament had some great matches and it was a tough two day tournament. 17 teams , full brackets and great individual performances. 

Region 4 was exciting too and I couldn’t agree with you more

15 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

Region 4 was exciting too and I couldn’t agree with you more

Well, instead of coming in for one sentence wonders you actually give an update and talk about it! I can look at track, but I wasn't able to be there yesterday due to flu. So please give us an update, because besides it going off track there would be a whopping 4 replies on this thread! 

10 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Well, instead of coming in for one sentence wonders you actually give an update and talk about it! I can look at track, but I wasn't able to be there yesterday due to flu. So please give us an update, because besides it going off track there would be a whopping 4 replies on this thread! 

You definitely have the kid part right in you’re name because u sure act like one.

24 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

You definitely have the kid part right in you’re name because u sure act like one.

Don't ask dabears, he has nothing to add except to come on and scold people but has nothing else to give! And fooseball, not a kid, prob as old if not older than you are, however I add to wrestling conversations instead of your one liners scolded people but being of no help. Again I can look at track and see what happened and yes dabears Wilson forfeit does hurt his seed as now he doesn't get seeded at all, only returning placers that win their region do

2 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

From my understanding it’s all about staying healthy. It kind of ticked me off because I wanted to see the match. Soddy forfeited to Cody then Titus forfeited to Soddy. When I wrestled I wanted that regions championship. I wouldn’t want to give it to a guy, both situations were bs to me

Titus would have most likely won easy. Matthews and Wilson might would have been the best match all day

4 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Don't ask dabears, he has nothing to add except to come on and scold people but has nothing else to give! And fooseball, not a kid, prob as old if not older than you are, however I add to wrestling conversations instead of your one liners scolded people but being of no help. Again I can look at track and see what happened and yes dabears Wilson forfeit does hurt his seed as now he doesn't get seeded at all, only returning placers that win their region do

U aren’t giving much, but a bunch of bs. The same crap that u said everybody else has too. And guess what the TSSAA doesn’t give flying £%#]% so your wasting your time 

Edited by fooseball95

14 hours ago, Twofdr said:

Wouldn’t doubt that, at all.......

Given that, would it really matter if that 3rd or 4th place kid only had to beat 1 kid to make it to state?

I would guess, not.

We should look back at the region results and see if we can come up with the 3rd and 4th place kids that you speak of, what do you think?

No idea T. You do have a legitimate point. Just saying I'm sure it's happened before. Is it fair or unfair. Guess that depends on who you ask. Doesn't seem fair to me that you wrestle 6 times verses 4 to win state. Everyone has an opinion and I'm no expert. Not sure how to fix it either. I do know Ga has multiple state champions and all those schools we've wrestled are tough. One thing for sure TSSAA isn't going to welcome change. Maybe there just turning a blind eye to change or just motivated by what's best for TSSAA and not so much the kids.

15 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

From my understanding it’s all about staying healthy. It kind of ticked me off because I wanted to see the match. Soddy forfeited to Cody then Titus forfeited to Soddy. When I wrestled I wanted that regions championship. I wouldn’t want to give it to a guy, both situations were bs to me

We battled injuries and the flu yesterday. Roberts pinned Titus at regions. So that match could have gone either way.

Edited by mrfixalot49

3 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

Well bigmouth where are those 500 kid schools you speak of, because not a ONE has won A/AA state title, so again lets go ahead and split it to give them a chance, soon enough for people like you we will have 5 divisions! And how many of those small schools took part in Father Ryan Tourney, McCallie tourney, the Cleveland duals? Get back with me and let me know, because you can have a good wrestling room all day, but if you wrestle crap all year long instead of wrestling in those best of the best tourney's you are not going to get better, as they say to be the man you have to beat the man! Again, I have no problem with the split for state duals, but there's sure are some A/AA placers that wouldn't win one round in AAA or even D2 and yet they get to take home a medal. So yes competition is watered down because you might be a state champ in TN, but got stuck all year by kids that didn't win a match in AAA and those that win the state title in GA. Again, the point of the split was to grow the sport and it sure as heck hasn't done that although population in TN has increased, so keep telling me how good it has worked! 

Dont worry bert if you want I will give you a trophy for your posting because you haven't earned it, but hey what's the difference you still deserve one! Maybe you should stick with football because you obviously don't have a clue about wrestling!

Your pompous, arrogant attitude continues to show. If you would do your own research you would find there were small schools at the Father Ryan tournament. It becomes difficult for up and coming small school programs to get invites to these tournaments because of attitudes like yours.

i have personally seen what it takes to revitalize a small school high school program and build into respectable program across the state. It starts in the wrestling room and with the youth and middle school program. You can’t go to the top tournaments until those things are taken care of.