State tournament updates and results

Bump11

30 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

I heard Rippy Got mad and quit wow

10 minutes ago, DaBears1976 said:

Really hope that's not the case. Would hate to see one of the best wrestlers in state go out as a sore quitting loser and letting his teammates down. 

5 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

I very well could be wrong but that’s the word I got from someone that’s in attendance 

Trevor started feeling bad yesterday. After weigh-ins this morning, his dad took him to the doctor to get checked out. He was diagnosed with the flu, bronchitis, and fluid in his ears. 

I think someone earlier said about Tony Wilson giving up, “tough to want to continue to fight when your goal all season is The finals” funny how when it’s a Region 4 guy it’s ok, but not when it’s someone else. Rippy is a senior, former state champ, best 152 in the state, and when you wrestle all year and put in the work to get to the finals, and then get a screw job like he got in the semis, you don’t really have the motivation to keep going when your goal is to be at the top of the podium. Losing is one thing, losing he way he did is another. I’d be angry and upset too. Plus I heard he was pretty sick yesterday as well so let’s try not to jump to conclusions and call a kid who has done alot for the sport both at Beech and in the state, a sore loser, when you probably wouldn’t wrestle in his situation either

Edited by Bump11

The joy of everything falling back on Region 4. The region won't ever catch any slack. Could care less about Tony Wilson and his desire not to be as good as he really is. Sucks that Rippy is sick. Especially his SR season. Darn great wrestler. Should compete well to whatever school he lands at. Was just hoping he did not get mad and quit. Glad someone verified that he didn't. On a side note, i remember on another topic. Might as well bring back region 4 and TonyWilson. Boiy it' wrestling. No luck and whatever. When Tony pinned himself and got screwed. That was all just wrestling. Guess that part only falls on Region 4.

Edited by DaBears1976

24 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

I think someone earlier said about Tony Wilson giving up, “tough to want to continue to fight when your goal all season is The finals” funny how when it’s a Region 4 guy it’s ok, but not when it’s someone else. Rippy is a senior, former state champ, best 152 in the state, and when you wrestle all year and put in the work to get to the finals, and then get a screw job like he got in the semis, you don’t really have the motivation to keep going when your goal is to be at the top of the podium. Losing is one thing, losing he way he did is another. I’d be angry and upset too. Plus I heard he was pretty sick yesterday as well so let’s try not to jump to conclusions and call a kid who has done alot for the sport both at Beech and in the state, a sore loser, when you probably wouldn’t wrestle in his situation either

Screw job? Why put it in the hands of the ref? With all the accolades he has, it shouldn’t have come to that point right?Once again another region 4 hater lol. I guess it’s ok to quit on your team because u didn’t win. Whether he caught the flu or not, if he was in the title match, he wrestles point blank period

Edited by fooseball95

2 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

Screw job? Why put it in the hands of the ref? With all the accolades he has, it shouldn’t have come to that point right?Once again another region 4 hater lol.

Haven't you heard the new rules in wrestling. As long as its region 4 not getting the job done, making mistakes and what not, then that is wrestling. "We gotta do better" but if its outside of the region, it's a major screw job and the refs sucks. 

This is Trevor Rippy's father. First, although I did not agree with the stalling call last night, my son did the best he could with the situation he was in. Our whole team has been fighting sickness all week, and if anybody saw the match last night, it did not look like the usual Trevor Rippy. The reason he appeared not to have a "gas tank," is because he has the flu and bronchitis, but we do not make excuses, Sweeney was the better wrestler last night.  After having two shoulder surgeries and being off the mat for a complete year, I am proud of his accomplishments and his will to fight back. What he will take from wrestling is much more than winning and losing a match, it is life lessons that he has learned in the last 14 years that will make him a better individual. I would like to thank Jeff and Jonathan Roberts and all the coaches that have mentored him throughout the years. Congratulations to Sweeney and all the other finalists.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3