State tournament updates and results

Bump11

17 minutes ago, bonesaw said:

This is Trevor Rippy's father. First, although I did not agree with the stalling call last night, my son did the best he could with the situation he was in. Our whole team has been fighting sickness all week, and if anybody saw the match last night, it did not look like the usual Trevor Rippy. The reason he appeared not to have a "gas tank," is because he has the flu and bronchitis, but we do not make excuses, Sweeney was the better wrestler last night.  After having two shoulder surgeries and being off the mat for a complete year, I am proud of his accomplishments and his will to fight back. What he will take from wrestling is much more than winning and losing a match, it is life lessons that he has learned in the last 14 years that will make him a better individual. I would like to thank Jeff and Jonathan Roberts and all the coaches that have mentored him throughout the years. Congratulations to Sweeney and all the other finalists.

Thanks for the clarification, congrats to Trevor and all his accomplishments. Wish him a speedy recovery

• Upvote 1

I find some of these commits rediculous. Saying these kids quit, gave up, didn't want it. How would you know if they quit. If they did thats on them. They have to carry that burden. The region 4 stuff come on. If someone in region 4 or any ther region is complaining. That one person doesn't speak for the entire region. I have two that wrestled this weekend and didn't make it. But they fought their #### off regardless. Two on the mat at the same time, imagine the stress, imagine the car ride home when one wins and one looses. They've both had knee surgery ,one with a broken leg and torn ligament witch knocked him out of any sports for 22 months. They've wrestled with the flu. They both look like they were in a fist fight. They took a beating and gave a beating. I'm no less proud of them than if they had won a championship. This is more than wrestling, it's more than winning. It's live lessons. But I never heard one of them say I couldn't get it done because I was hurt , had the flu or what ever. They gave 100% and just got beat. Saturday i watched them both take the mat for the last time and hang up their laces. Was very emotional fro the entire family. Good luck to everyone in the finals today. Remember " If you wrestle everyhing else in life is easy".

Edited by mrfixalot49

1 hour ago, bonesaw said:

This is Trevor Rippy's father. First, although I did not agree with the stalling call last night, my son did the best he could with the situation he was in. Our whole team has been fighting sickness all week, and if anybody saw the match last night, it did not look like the usual Trevor Rippy. The reason he appeared not to have a "gas tank," is because he has the flu and bronchitis, but we do not make excuses, Sweeney was the better wrestler last night.  After having two shoulder surgeries and being off the mat for a complete year, I am proud of his accomplishments and his will to fight back. What he will take from wrestling is much more than winning and losing a match, it is life lessons that he has learned in the last 14 years that will make him a better individual. I would like to thank Jeff and Jonathan Roberts and all the coaches that have mentored him throughout the years. Congratulations to Sweeney and all the other finalists.

You're a class act sir! ;)

So are both of your boys. Whole family!

Edited by DAKEKO
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

IMO because the call was nearfall, then it has to stay that way. It was way too close to call. If it had been called no nearfall than I’d say it would need to stay that way as well. It was that close. I watched the stream a few times to try and see and it’s literally milaseconds. This is why college has instant replay. Sadly we don’t get that luxury so I say call has to be 2 nearfall since that’s what original call was. Those Bartlett fans though were as classless as I’ve seen. I get that it’s heartbreaking for Gabe but they crossed a line

2 hours ago, Bump11 said:

IMO because the call was nearfall, then it has to stay that way. It was way too close to call. If it had been called no nearfall than I’d say it would need to stay that way as well. It was that close. I watched the stream a few times to try and see and it’s literally milaseconds. This is why college has instant replay. Sadly we don’t get that luxury so I say call has to be 2 nearfall since that’s what original call was. Those Bartlett fans though were as classless as I’ve seen. I get that it’s heartbreaking for Gabe but they crossed a line

I'm not debating whether call should/shouldn't stand. Like you said, its a nearfall count and it stays. I'm just wanting to know if it was a fast 2 count or a fair 2 count. That's why I said I wanted an instant replay WITH THE CLOCK VISIBLE.

1 hour ago, FargoStrut said:

I'm not debating whether call should/shouldn't stand. Like you said, its a nearfall count and it stays. I'm just wanting to know if it was a fast 2 count or a fair 2 count. That's why I said I wanted an instant replay WITH THE CLOCK VISIBLE.

I gotcha. Good point. We may never know!